Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's Try Again

It has been almost a month since my last post and I have no excuse! I've been busy and preoccupied, but still... this is supposed to serve as a place to keep my memories and I've been slacking. I thought about playing catch-up, but that tends to get a little boring. I'll try to hit the high notes with this entry.

Since we last met, I made my first trip to Tunica! Brad and I along with our friend Chad went to see Rodney Carrington (not my favorite comedian, but...) It was amazing to drive down a deserted road and all of a sudden have these big buildings basically in the middle of a field! Rodney was at Gold Strike which is next door to the Horseshoe and the Roadhouse. We first went to GS and ate (OMGoodness at the food) then to the show. It was nice because the rooms are huge and everyone has a good seat. Afterwards we mosied through the Horseshoe and into Roadhouse. They have a mechanical bull and a dart board and a few pool tables. A guy's dream place! We ended up staying really late so it was a long, sleepy drive back!

I've been walking/jogging at the park for a couple of months now. It's so hot, but if I can handle the hot then I'll breeze through the cooler temps in the fall and maybe even the winter.

We've gone out with a few friends this month (Chad, Kenny, Jesse...). We walked through the Tupelo Flea Market one afternoon and I ran into a friend of mine from college. I haven't seen her since we graduated so it was nice running into her. We celebrated my parents' 29th anniversary and their birthdays. I went furniture shopping at the Tupelo Furniture Market {the first time I've gone and not bought anything-- truthfully, they had already sold what I wanted}. Prixie {my car} has had to go into the shop and I've had computer/virus trouble. Our high school has had two home football games already. Lost the first and won the last. Brad had "ground school" for his commercial pilot's license and passed the written part! I've cleaned my house top to bottom {baseboards, blinds, etc...} and watched The Last Song.

Next up is a few more birthdays, a certain little girl is turning 5 {insert tear!} and who knows what all else! HA!
First stop:
I heard this is the tallest building in MS {I need to google that...}
Loved the colors...
Chad and Whiskey {this was on Chad's "bucket list" along with seeing Rodney}
Brad & Whiskey
So they didn't care to pose with the mechanical bull but getting Brad to pose with me was almost impossible!!
I'll try to do better about posting in the future! We have friends coming in this next weekend for the opening of dove season plus it's Labor Day! I might be making a trip to Arkansas to train and of course I'll be documenting Chloe's party!

No comments: