Saturday morning {early}, Brad, Levi and I loaded up and headed South to Columbus Air Force Base to watch the Air Show and see the Thunderbirds!
We got there a little after 9 and walked around the display of jets, fighter planes, helicopters and everything else that was there!
We got there a little after 9 and walked around the display of jets, fighter planes, helicopters and everything else that was there!
After walking a while in the heat, we took a break in the shade!



The opening "act" was the Pitts plane. The pilot is a retired attorney. She started flying when she was 50 years old!! She does the nose-diving, zig-zagging, up & down moves. Hate I couldn't get any better shots!



Air Force Thunderbirds! That's the bottom of the planes...

Tops of the planes...
Signifying the ones that don't make it back


The show was over about 4:00 and traffic getting off base was terrible! We finally made it onto the highway around 5:15 (?) We treated ourselves to Outback afterwards. I'm sure people thought we were crazy! We were all sun-burnt and redfaced, but we deserved a good meal. We spent Sunday recovering! I couldn't even put on makeup or use a hair-dryer on my hair from the sunburn I got!
Brad loved it and said we would be well prepared for next year {umbrellas to block the sun, less clothing, more money, etc} It was hot as blazes out there and I'm not used to being outdoors for 8 hours!

No comments:
Post a Comment