Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shopping & a Tutorial

Happy belated Independence Day!!

Last week was pretty much boring! { I sort of like them that way} The only thing I really did {besides work} was clean house. Does that count? Ok, I also did a little shopping. Nothing major, but I did end up with a new top {that can be used in Summer & Fall!} and a few things for the house. I got a small faux potted Boston fern, a monogrammed lamp and a nice big piece of tin/iron for my bedroom!

Friday after work, Brad got started on my "honey-do" list. I had seven things {at the time} to hang and he finished all of that! That pile started forming about a year ago so I was thrilled to finally have it done. Or so I thought... Saturday I ran into Kirkland's {I was sick and shopping is always helpful} and found the piece I had been eyeing on their website. I didn't buy it then because it was a little more than I wanted to spend. I thought about it all Saturday afternoon and night and then again on Sunday. After church, Brad and I went to Kirkland's so I could get it! :) Yay for me except for the fact that it's still sitting in my bedroom floor waiting to be hung. Hopefully, it will get hung tonight. It was supposed to be done last night, but our hot water valve on our washing machine busted {water leak!} so he spent last night repairing that.

Saturday we had a cook-out at Brian & Wendy's house. We had burgers, grilled corn, potatoes, dips, etc and for dessert?? Homemade Oreo ice cream! Y-U-M!

Sunday after church, shopping and nap time, I went to my aunt and uncle's house for another cookout. I met up with Brad at a friend's house just in time to watch the fireworks. Here's where the "tutorial" part of the title comes into play...
Firework shot, take 1:

Firework shot, take 2


Firework shot, take 3

So, obviously, I am not the one to be giving tutorials on taking pictures of fireworks. I can't believe it! I missed some really pretty fireworks! :(

Monday, the bank was closed and Brad was off too. I spent my day piddling around the house and Brad spent most of his day flying! It was so nice not to have to go to work yesterday!

Tomorrow is Brad's last doctor's appointment in Columbus {hopefully}! Sunday, I think some friends and I are going to try to watch Eclipse!


No comments: