Pretty much everything is the same for me as it was on Brad's post {with only a few changes}. For one, I've been to AR two times other than the day we moved him over. The first time was for our anniversary weekend and the second was last weekend.
The weekend before our 3rd anniversary (our anniversary is March 1st), I made my first solo drive to Arkansas. Brad was off work by the time I got there. He was ready to get back on the road to go eat. Year after year Brad and his hunting buddies drive from McCrory to Wynne to eat at Kelley's. They have a crab leg buffet and a big salad bar along with fish, hush puppies, sides and dessert. Of course, the guys only go for the crab legs! If a salad bar is available, I always start there and this time so did Brad. Next up was crab legs. Y'all, in my 20 some odd years I have never ever ordered them. Normally, I get fish/chicken and Brad sweetly gives me a few pieces of his. I really like them, but frankly it's just too much work for such a tiny piece of food. Plus, who likes to smell like that after they finish eating? SO.... back to my original train of thought. Brad and I pile our plates full of legs and head back to our table. Not only am I sitting there with a pile of legs that I wasn't sure exactly how/what to do, but there was also a little demon boy at the table behind me having multiple meltdown tantrums while his very young mother was too busy to pay him any attention and to correct him. Brad was kind enough to get me started, but let's just skip to the end... I'm 95% sure that I wasted more food than I ate. I was like a small baby feeding itself with a utensil for the first time. Pitiful. I would have starved had it not been for my husband still "tossing me a bone" throughout the meal. He even made a trip to get me warm ones after mine had turned cold from my lack of ability. I finally got some sort of rhythm {could be compared to a white boy trying to dance...}. I was ready to move on to dessert at this point. They had ice cream and different types of toppings. Ice cream is the way to my heart. :) So, to end this giant, boring rant... that was the first time in my life I left a buffet still hungry!
Now, if someone would have told me three years ago OR even last year that I would be spending my third wedding anniversary in a FEMA trailer in Nowhereville, Arkansas I would have laughed at them. Hard. Deep down belly ache laughter. Words can't possibly describe the shock I've been in since January 30th. Even when Brad said "I'm going Arkansas Sunday to talk to a man about a job", I thought "hmmm, ok, whatever." Yeah, denial anyone? I have plenty of it to share!
I went back over last weekend. I dropped Amos off at my parents' house and headed west. I am beginning to think Amos likes it there better. Maybe it's because he goes into my parents' bedroom and lays down; then the big baby is covered in a blanket for his nap time. So, I'm driving through Memphis and decided to run into Target. Brad calls and tells me they're going to be working a couple of more hours and for me to take my time. Well, not exactly what I had planned, but I go with it. I mosey around Tarjay for a very long time, going through every section until I get bored. Next up was Gordman's, Petsmart and Michael's. I only spent money on Amos... nothing for me. Finally, I head to AR and stop at the Dollar General. You see, Earle only has three places to shop: Dollar General, Family Dollar and The Mad Butcher {grocery store}. I decide to pick up a magazine or two and some nail polish. Well, there isn't much to choose from, but I did get a house-plan book and some purple "Flirty" nail polish. I have no idea why I settled on the house plans book. I really wanted a word search, but they only had crossword. Who likes crossword? :( I get to Lema and the first thing I do was to clean. Bless him, that's all I'm going to say. Once I get it cleaned I plop down and almost four hours later he gets in. Four hours people. I felt like the walls were closing in and I was locked in solitary at a prison. Shew! He flew in, changed and off to Marion to eat {Mi Pubelo}. He had to work Sunday too, but only until lunch so I hung around. We headed to McCrory {about an hour; the town Brad's hunting shack is in and where Pug lives} to eat at a buffet and to use Pug's washer and dryer. Two loads of clean clothes later we headed back to Wynne to grocery shop {hello, Wal-Mart} and then back to Earle. By this time it was after 6 so I headed back to MS. I was glad to see Amos and get in my bed {the one without airplanes constantly buzzing overhead}.
In the mean time, I have been attempting to clean out more from the house, pack up what I want to move to our new place, and just enjoy my last week in our Hinkle House. Yesterday {Friday} I sent my first load to mom and dad's. It was only clothes, but it was still something. I also started boxing up my kitchen. It's amazing what all I'm leaving here; only taking a pot, pan and few utensils. I don't plan on cooking that much so I don't need casserole dishes or measuring cups or anything like that. Brad was supposed to work until lunch and then come in, but we were getting rain and scattered storms so he came in about 930-10 Saturday morning. We ran an errand, ate slugburgers then visited his parents. Now, we have church, grandparent visiting, grocery shopping, moving AND downtime to mark off our list! :) Since it's already 7pm on Saturday night, it's looking like tomorrow is going to be incredibly busy... BUT, that seems to be my life these days :)
So to recap these random thoughts... this weekend, we will be packing up and heading west to Walnut. I'm sure living 10 feet from my parents is going to be interesting to say the least, but it should be fun {and a lot cheaper!!! :)}.
No comments:
Post a Comment