Wednesday, March 30, 2011

D is for Date Night

D is for Date Night with the girls & sleepless nights with Amos

Sunday night was our first night in our "new" place and I wish I could say it was a smooth transition. Amos is such a "special" dog... in his "special" routine and his "special" way of not liking change. Luckily, Brad is a heavy sleeper, but sadly, I am not. Our first night consisted of whining and barking and running around and poor Amos just couldn't get settled. I got about two hours of sleep that night!

Our second night was somewhat better. He finally fell asleep about 930 pm so I rushed around and tried to get ready for bed. Well, wouldn't you know that as soon as I get in the bed and turn the light off that he wakes up! He hopped up and come put his cold nose in my face (he's taller than the bed) and kept nudging me. Then he would go get his toy and put it on the bed with me. Then he would stare out the window and bark and whine more. He finally laid down at 2am!! I sent Brad a very sweet message telling him to be expecting a large box with holes in it. I was one night away from shipping Amos to him via FedEx!

What about the third night you might ask? Well... it was somewhat better than the second night! I know he will eventually get into his routine and get more comfortable with our new place, but I don't want it to take too long!

Now, for something a little more fun! Last night was a little Girls Night Out. I guess I should save this for my G post, but who knows what will happen between now and then! Jenessa, Kayla and I loaded up and made a trip to Tupelo after work yesterday. Amos is very low on dog food so that was the primary purpose (along with a stress free night with friends). We hit up Petsmart, Hobby Lobby, Bed Bath & Beyond and the mall. We also had Abner's. YUM. We all three attended Ole Miss (home of Abner's) so it was a nice treat to eat there again.

I didn't get everything I wanted to buy on this trip (mainly a pretty shower curtain for our bathroom and shoes!), but I did find a pretty pillow!! I think it will look great with our green walls and red floors in the living room. I was searching high and low for something to pull the room together and while walking around BB&B, Kayla and I went down separate aisles and we both picked out this same pillow for me! It couldn't have been better/funnier! After the shopping, they both helped me pack up some things at our house and load them in the car. I was very thankful for their help and super happy about our girls night. I had the best time and can't wait to do it all again!

Once I get things in order, I'll post some pictures. Right now, I've only unpacked the living room and kitchen so there is a lot more to do before I take pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that we both picked that exact same pillow! Fate! :)

I had a wonderful time too and ready to do it again!!!!