1. Thursday night was spent with Kayla- she initiated me into the world of "Dirt Cheap". It was definitely exciting to see what all of the hype was about. I am probably the only person that goes in and finds the three most expensive things! I found {and bought} a $20 candle holder that was not calling my name, but screaming it. I found {and put back} two $12 trays for my apartment frig. I found {and bought)}a $5 bedskirt! I was very pleased! I found {and bought} a $7.50 storage basket with lid. This will be used to contain Brad's "pocket junk". Why do men have so much pocket junk that they need. It's like every day Brad empties his pockets and there is all of this junk that he just has to store somewhere. Odd.
2. After shopping we went by Alicia's new house. Alicia and Kayla have been best friends since college {or maybe before?!} and she just built a beautiful new house. We stayed and visited with her and her husband {and cute dog} for a while. How exciting to have a new house that is just too darn pretty?!
3. Friday I was asked to drive my cousin and a couple of her friends {15 year old "kids"} to a high school baseball game. It was fun {and chilly} and I started to feel pretty old, but they assured me I was still "cool and fun" and one guy called me "hot". :) HA! I told them not to worry, it was so dark out he didn't know what he was looking at... Still exciting to know I can keep up with kids that age and not look like an old woman.
4. Saturday Brad surprised me by coming home {rather than me driving over there}. It was nice to have a weekend "off". We did a few things around the HH and hit up Sonic on Saturday. Sunday we were off to church, eating Mexican at a "new" place, grocery shopping, laundry, Baskin Robbins, visiting Tishomingo State Park, and Geisha {a sushi place in town}. It was exciting to spend a full day with the hubs!
5. I spent two days in Oxford this week. I miss that place! I do not miss the teeny-tiny "kids" walking around, the bad driving, or the crazy traffic, but I do miss the variety and just everything it has to offer. I ate at Old Venice, Ajax, and Bottle Tree Bakery plus shopped at My Favorite Shoes, Kinnucan's and a few other shops. I was excited to be out of town for a day or two!
6. I realize {now} that things popped out of my head in chronological order. Oops, I guess I should raise my freak flag. {The Family Stone is a terrible movie, but I love that quote...}
I'm thinking about a "F is for Fun", but that might be a tad obvious... ha!
Oh! Here are the pics of what I bought and my day with Brad...
Ha! You think I'm on top of things enough to have pics AND post them? HA! Bless you...
1 comment:
HAHA, I just LOL'd out loud.. AGAIN.
Love the post.. and I'm glad YOU remembered Thursday, FOR US BOTH! :)
Post a Comment