Friday, October 7, 2011

Show Us Your Life- Pets

I have been reading Kelly's blog for a few years now, but I have never linked up! Today is all about pets and I couldn't resist! If you aren't sure just how crazy I am about my dog, please look over to the right and click on Amos :)

My husband and I had been married for 6 months when we decided to get a dog. I wanted a cute, cuddly house dog and he wanted a "man's" dog... whatever that is?! One night we had people over for a Labor Day cookout and he came in the house and announced "hon, I just bought us a dog! Do you have a Paypal account?" I was less than thrilled with him at that point and even worse when I found out he had bought a Mastiff! A 200 pound, slobbering, hairy dog was not exactly what I had in mind... BUT when I met the little underweight, sickly pup my husband bought from a puppy mill I couldn't get enough of him! Amos was 12 weeks and 15 pounds when we got him. He should have been around 45 pounds! It's been a long, expensive 3 years, but I wouldn't trade it. Enough with the rambling... meet Amos Moses!

The day we got him! September, 2008

Tiny little paws wouldn't stay tiny long!

Our first "family of 3" picture

Amos snoozing on our loveseat... come back to this in a second.

See how tiny? Ignore the mess...

Fall 2009! One year later... look how much he had grown!

March 2011


January 2011, same loveseat :)
 Amos is now 3 years old and averaging 185 pounds. He's still underweight for a Mastiff, but that's fine with me! :) Mastiffs are called the Gentle Giants and that is SO true. He is by far the sweetest, best dog! He's very protective though... he will "guard" me when I'm home alone. It's so cute!

I could go on and on, but I won't. Just click on his name to the right if you'd like to read more... There is plenty!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Ashlie said...

He is super cute! We love big dogs :)

Amiee said...

Wow! What a change in just a year! It looks like you have given Amos a wonderful home :)

That's great that he is a gentle giant. I'm sure that you feel safe having him "protect" you.

Amos could eat my dog, Benji, for lunch, but Benji would STILL try to take him on. Silly dog doesn't realize how little he is :)

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness - he got SO big. Bet he's a mushy little thing though :)