Those of you that know Brad {ok, so I have like 2 readers, but still...} know that he is a quiet person around people. That was not the case on the way home! There is a gas station a few doors down for the surgery center so I stopped there to get Brad some water (he wasn't allowed to eat anything after midnight the night before and it was now 3:30!!). I get back in the car and he's on his cellphone talking to a friend. I have no idea why he called him, but anyway, he did. Then he gets off the phone and calls his mom. At this point, I'm in tears laughing at him. He gets off the phone with her and calls someone else! He said "I just want to tell them the doctor said I did exceptionally well" and I busted out laughing. He never talked to the doctor and I never told him the doctor said he did exceptionally well. Ha!
He wasn't up for eating while we were in Columbus {they did a nerve block and his neck, throat and ear area was numb} so he waited until we got to Tupelo to request a Big Whopper w/ Cheese! He refused to go in and refused to sit in the parking lot and eat so I got back on the highway headed home- holding his whopper while he ate! I know we got a few looks, but I can multi-task pretty well.
Thursday and Friday were ok. He stayed numbed up for the most part so I didn't have to worry about that. I worked half a day Friday and then went home to help my patient! Friday night we had three friends come in from Arkansas to stay with us for the weekend to turkey hunt. They even brought food! Saturday, the numbness had worn off and he was definitely feeling the pain, but he handled it like a champ. He was stubborn, though, and didn't take his pain medicine like he should have.
We spent most of the weekend resting and recuperating. After our hunting friends left, Brad's parents came to visit then another couple and their little girl came then it was back to work for me on Monday. :( We go back to the doctor tomorrow {St. Patrick's Day} so hopefully we'll know more about the recovery after the doctor's visit.
I would love to post a few pictures, but I only have one of Brad at the surgery center and he told me I was not allowed to show it. In the picture he is wearing his gown and "blue bonnet" and he has "YES" written on his left shoulder. They had to shave his chest, but only the left side?, and his left armpit! HA! Poor guy looks funny...
No comments:
Post a Comment