Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lost Cause?

I thought I would do a quick re-cap of events since the last I posted, but I realized it was the 10th of February. That's too much work so I'll hit the hi-lights...

Valentine's Day- the day before I cooked a nice meal for some friends. I finished reading "Twilight" so Brad and I watched the movie on Valentine's Day after church. The movie didn't live up to my expectations. That's all I'm going to say about that. V-Day night, Brad and I went with 5 other couples to Kyoto to celebrate {Curtis and Deonne Henry, Landon and Marley Ashe, Josh Richardson and Mary Beth Anderson, Justin and Julie Little, and DC and Bethany Parvin}.

The next day (the 15th) it snowed; not much, but enough! It was also President's Day so I didn't have to work. Super nice!

On the 19th, Brad and I left before 6:30 am headed to Columbus, MS for Brad's doctor's appointment. He saw Dr. Linton with Columbus Orthopaedic about his shoulder. The doctor scheduled a MRI for a week or so later.

On the 20th, Brad flew a family friend, Olivia, around for her 16th birthday. She loved it!

On the 21st, we grilled hamburgers for Kenny and a friend. YUM. I love Brad's grilled burgers.

Kayla and I went to see "Dear John" at the theater on the 24th. I read the book many years ago so I couldn't quite remember all of the details. That's probably a good thing since the movie is never as good as the book! Levi also came in on the 24th so he and Brad had a guys night out while I was at the movie.

Levi came over on the 25th and I cooked. We watched "Gamer" and it was absolutely terrible. Don't waste your time or money!

Friday, the 26th, Pug (our friend from Arkansas) came in. Saturday the 27th was busy. I cooked pancakes and bacon for the guys then two more of Brad's friends came over. We had our anniversary gift delivered... gravel! If you have seen my driveway, then you know why I was happy to get that for my anniversary! I did a little shopping with my mom then went back home. Brad, Pug, Levi and I watched "Couples Retreat". I thought it was funny, but it wasn't as funny as I was expecting. Most of the funny parts were in the previews! Then we got ready and went to eat at Cafe Mike's (local sports bar). Kenny met us there. {Yes, there were 4 guys and me. What's new?} After we ate, Pug and Kenny left and Brad and Levi played darts. Levi had a friend, Johnna, join us so I wasn't completely bored and lonely. They played until midnight! Then we went to pick up Pug. He had met up with some other friends. We made a quick trip to Huddle House {there were 11 of us I think}. We finally got home around 2 or so, but since the guys were awake (that never happens-- they always fall asleep after eating. Ha!), they decided to pull out the cards for a while. It was about 3 when I got in bed!! I don't remember the last time that happened. It was hard getting up at 7 the next morning for church. After church, I came home and tried to take a quick nap. It was a much needed, much deserved nap. Then, Brad went flying and I worked around the house. Ok, so I did a little work around the house. Mostly, I read. We met in town, at Mi Toro, to eat then back home.

Monday, March 1st was our 2nd anniversary! It started out at 5am! :( We had to leave by 6:30 to get to Columbus for Brad's MRI. His appointment was at 8:45 and we got to town a little early so we stopped at Wal-Mart {the only thing open at 8am!}. I found Brad's anniversary gift, Open Range, for $5! Then we went for the MRI. We got out of there at 10:30- just in time for Brad's 10:30 appt with the doctor. We found that Brad will need surgery to repair the torn cartilage in his arm. Surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, the 11th. We stopped for a quick lunch then headed to Tupelo to celebrate our anniversary.

This post is getting long so I'm ending here. I'll start another one later on...

No comments: