Anyway, on to my "current events"...
Last week is almost a blur to me. Brad and I took Amos to a different Vet on Thursday and he agreed that we had been doing the right things with Amos and his sickly little self. He did give him a prescription for 4000mg of antibiotics per day for 14 days. At the end of the 14 days (depending on how Amos is doing) he might give another 14 days worth of meds. They seem to be helping with his sores. He had a HUGE nasty one in his armpit (not sure of the technical name for that spot on a dog) but now it's almost completely gone! Prior to this visit, he was on 2000mg so I think doubling it was a good call.
We skipped our high school's first home game because Pug and Tyler were coming in and we had lots to do. They needed to buy their licenses, shells, etc... We got them taken care of and back to the house later Friday night. Brad had to get a few things together and then it was off to bed (around midnight). MY alarm went off bright and early (or should I put "dark and early"?) at 5am Saturday morning. I got the boys out of bed and sent on their way then back to bed for me... for approximately 22 minutes until the nice gentlemen behind our house started shooting. And shooting. And shooting. Afterwards we went out for breakfast and I stuffed myself like a pig. (I didn't eat anything else until 8pm that night). Jenessa and I watched Time Traveler's Wife. I'll spare you my detailed opinion, but let's just say I won't be renting it. Afterwards, we all met back up at a friend's restaurant. I barely touched my salad-- I was still stuffed from breakfast! :) HA!
Sunday was similar to Saturday morning; got the guys up and back to bed I went. Then it was time to get ready for church. After church I went to my grandmother's; all 3 of her children, 5 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild was there. It was nice visiting, but I couldn't stay long. Brad and I were cooking fish for everyone at our house that afternoon. We had a good crowd, but plenty of food left over. It was nice having everyone over to visit.
Pug and Tyler left out Monday morning heading back to Arkansas. After they left, Brad and I worked around the house. I think I ended up doing 6 loads of laundry! We also drove down to Okolona to look at an airplane. Brad took it for a test fly and then we headed back home. I think every Monday should be a holiday. We definitely could use another day off! :)
Yesterday was back to the grind for us. After work I went to get my hair cut and ended up cutting about 6 inches off of my hair. Then I went to a junior high football game where I got soaked! My sweet 13 yr old cousin, Savannah Grace, is a cheerleader. She looked so cute out on the field. Too bad it started pouring rain and the game was called and everyone was running to their vehicles. I hope the next game is a little drier.
Today I have a few errands to run; nothing major. Then tomorrow I think we're going to decorate the church after work. "It's Fall Y'all!" and we can finally start decorating that way! :)
1 comment:
Now who is slacking on posting....
Post a Comment