Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trying not to sound whiney

I'm not certain where I left off last time, but I'll try to get you all (ok, my two readers) up to date :)


I have been putting in a lot of extra hours at work recently. Too bad everything is confidential and I can't share with you exactly what I have been doing! Last week is almost a blur to me... luckily I depend on my daily planner. I don't know what I would do without it! Thursday after working to 7pm I ran home to watch Bones! I was so thrilled about the season premier, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. I know that once those two get together then there really won't be anywhere for the show to go, but still!!

Friday was a rainy mess. A lot of the streets were flooded and cars were stalling out. I (being completely insane) was determined that Amos was getting a bath from the vet so we braved the flooded streets and he smelled so much better Friday afternoon. Brad and I went to Taylor's Escape to eat after work. I love that place! Then we went home and I got caught up on some of my dvr'd shows after cleaning most of the house. It was nice relaxing for once!




Saturday, we slept late (8am!) then I got started on laundry and Brad cooked pancakes! Later he decided we should go to Tupelo. There was some sort of "Sportsmen's Bonanza" that Brad wanted to go to. We walked around for a bit and quickly got tired of all the cute little kids running around blowing duck calls in our ears! Brad bought a "Scentlock" bag to put his hunting things in when he goes to Arkansas. That thing was half price! Woohoo! We also got food... ha! Brad got three types of jerky and something called "Cowboy Candy" (candied jalapenos) and some type of salsa that had habaneros and pineapple and mango. Think about that combination! In reality, it really is good! I got a jar of sweet potato butter. It is absolutely delicious! In fact, we had a meal Sunday with rolls just so we could eat the butter; although I fear I'll be eating it with a spoon straight out of the jar soon. Ok, back on track, we left there and went to the APO for Brad to check something out and then headed to the mall to eat. Brad and I are indecisive and I'm picky and it's so much simpler to eat at a food court so we can both get what we want. We walked around a bit then left. I'm so mad at myself because I've been begging to go to Bath and Body Works for two weeks now and I finally get to the mall and forget where I wanted to go?!?! After the mall, I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby. Brad was kind (or stupid) enough to go in with me. About three minutes into it he starts getting antsy and ready to leave. I reminded him I kindly walked around the duck call bonanza for far longer than we would be in HL. I found several (and I mean several) things in HL I wanted but I used self control {that and the fact my hubs was with me}.

We drove back home and I went grocery shopping. Who doesn't love grocery shopping on a Saturday?? Kidding... Not one person in their right mind would say they loved it! I hope not anyway! It's crowded. It's loud. It's a hot mess.

Sunday, Brad and I went to my mom's church for their Homecoming. They had a family from a neighboring church to sing and they were wonderful! Afterwards, we ate in the fellowship hall and the food was wonderful! A good friend of the family made these potatoes that were absolutely delish! In fact, Brad attempted to copy them later that night. We stuffed ourselves and went back home to rest. See, early Sunday morning I let Amos out to run around and later called him back in the house. I was mixing some things to make this dessert dish for homecoming and Brad was helping when all of a sudden Amos started getting sick. in the house. in the kitchen. more than once. I'll spare more details but apparently our goofy dog ate mud then followed it down with muddy water. That runs us late then I run into the bathroom to blow dry my hair when I see a tiny looking blue/green fireball come from the hair dryer! Needless to say "someone" was not having a good hair day at church. That plus the fact it's rained since Labor Day!!
After a short nap, Brad decides he's going to cook. Why stop him? He cooked deer minute steaks plus those potatoes I talked about earlier, plus he cooked come carrots in cinnamon. AND we had rolls with sweet potato butter!! Y-U-M! We invited the Wilhites over and I made the apple blueberry crunch for dessert.


Monday I took the laptop to get cleaned. Apparently we got some sort of Trojan and $80 later it was fixed. I worked even more and then went back to the grocery store to get a few things I forgot Saturday. I left there and met Brad at the airport. Since the plane is officially his and he now has insurance on it and we had a freak afternoon of no rain he wanted to take it up. He flew "in the pattern" (basically he flew circles around the airport) checking things out and he safely landed. He was like a kid in a candy store. I took pictures, but haven't uploaded them yet. I'll do that this weekend... maybe... that's a whole other story to tell.

Tuesday was more work then Kayla was sweet enough to volunteer to help me out at a college/career fair at Corinth High School from 530-730 that afternoon. It was a terrible turn out, but I think we had fun being out of our houses and routine.

Wednesday was busy too with errands and the usual. I started making coffee Wednesday morning and noticed two wet spots on the ceiling! I quickly added something to Brad's to-do list for that afternoon. I stopped by Kirkland's after work for some quick retail therapy. What did we do before they opened? That little trip made me feel much better then I picked Amos up and we headed home. Brad got home shortly after and repaired the roof (now we have to do something about the big brown spot on our ceiling)! I made shrimp and chicken Alfredo for dinner/supper and then we crashed on the couch. I finally got to watch House's season premier. It was ok, but I'm excited for next week! Brad has been sick for a few days so he didn't care what I was watching.

That brings us to today! Yay! Are you still paying attention? Do you care about today? :) Brad went to the doctor this morning and got two shots (one antibiotic and one steroid) plus three prescriptions for more antibiotics, steroids, and an ointment. They did blood work and they're going to test for Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever! We should have those results in a few days I would think. Now, I'm about to leave for lunch (my second lunch in two weeks! :)). My grandmother and her twin sister's birthdays are tomorrow; my niece's 4th birthday party is Saturday (her birthday is the 29th) and then my sister's birthday is Sunday. Bookland/Hallmark will love to see me coming today! :)

If you made it to the end I want to thank you by sharing a recipe that was in our newspaper yesterday.

Hot Fudge Pie
1 stick margarine
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup plain flour

Melt margarine; add rest of ingredients. Pour into pie plate and bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees. Enjoy! I haven't made it yet, but a co-worker did and said she scooped it out as soon as it was done and covered it in ice cream and it was delicious. I'll be making it tonight if at all possible!




No comments: