Monday, September 28, 2009

This Week

Survived another weekend! Friday was nice and low-key. Brad wasn't feeling well so we stayed home and had a frozen pizza which was fine with me, but we had plans to go to Tupelo to eat at Outback! Mmmm. Saturday was busy as usual. Chloe's party started at 11 so I met the family at Tad's and set up the decorations. She asked for a horse themed party this year (#1: butterflies; #2: Elmo; #3: Princesses). Still not sure where she came up with that, but it turned out great.
We had Brad's mother make the cake (www.juliascakekitchen.com) and it was yummy! She didn't want just any horse; it HAD to be a Clydesdale horse. We had several people show up and they all had a great time!
After the party I took every ounce of energy I had and convinced myself I had to go to Kirkland's (again). This time I noticed a piece of furniture I've never noticed before and I had to have it (not to be confused with "I wanted to have it"). I had to. Then, silly me, went to Wal-Mart, on a Saturday. I still have no idea what I was thinking, but I went anyway. Sadly, I'm not sure if I even bought anything to eat this week. Ha! Saturday night was low-key as well. Brad cooked deer roast with all the "fixin's". We invited the Wilhites over and I made the fudge pie (again). This time it wasn't as gooey {almost a brownie consistency}. Anyway, if you haven't made it yet, MAKE IT. :)

Sunday was fun as well. After going to the early service at church I headed to my parents' house to decorate for Courtney's birthday. Mrs. Julia made her a cake too!! Isn't that cute? And those flowers? Tasty!

She was thrilled! Courtney turned 27 yesterday and Chloe will be 4 Tuesday. Mother was a doll and cooked dressing, peas, mashed potatoes and rolls. I stuffed myself, then had cake! Chloe was delirious from skipping nap time two days in a row so we danced around the house looking like idiots but she was having the best time. Oh, to be a child again. We had a few minutes then it was time for a baby shower! Mother's friend Mary will be a grandmother in less than a month. Her son, Brandon, and I graduated high school together and mother and Mary go to church together. He and his wife, Chasity, are having a little girl {Addison Leann}. I love that name! I left there and went to Tractor Supply. Iams dog food was on sale! When you have a 143 pound dog that eats like a horse you have to stock up when you can! By the way, not ONE single person offered to help me hoist those 40lb bags. If I ever have a child, I hope it's a boy, so I can teach him manners!!! We had another low key afternoon. Brad wasn't feeling well, but he was kind enough to grill some burgers and I finished setting out my fall things (unless I have (not want) to buy more). :)

Today is a regular work day, plus I have another college/career fair tonight. Should be interesting! Tomorrow is my sweet little cousin's Homecoming- she's a Princess- and she will be absolutely gorgeous (I'll share pics later this week). I just hope she doesn't trip on her dress or get her heels stuck in the mud!! After all, her name is "Grace" :)

We have at least six things going on this weekend! Ahhhh....

Oh, this time next week, Brad and I will be packing our bags and heading out of town! Woohoo!

No comments: