Tuesday, the day before Veteran's Day our Harper Rd branch was robbed. It was terrible and it ended in a police chase/car wreck. The driver didn't make it and the passenger (that robbed the bank at gun point) is still in a coma and heavily sedated. It was a loooong day Tuesday. Thankfully, the banks were closed the next day (Happy Veteran's Day!!) so everyone got to take some time to recover from the robbery. I'm sitting here (watching House) trying to remember what I did that day... I seriously can't remember. OH! I got it. I woke up 30 minutes later than usual to get Brad up and ready and out the door. I seriously don't know how he ever made it to work before we got married. So, he's out the door and I get ready and meet mother in town. Then, we meet up with my sister, Courtney, and my grandmother, Mama Lynn. Next, the fun starts! We headed to Goat Island (Pickwick) to my sister and brother-in-law's camper. We helped get it ready for the winter. Then it was home to clean out my car and to snap a few pictures. It was SO nice to be off that day.
There is a downside to being off one day in the middle of the week... that's coming back to work the next day. I'm trying to a more positive person (and less whiny on this blog) so I'll tell you that there's also an upside to such a crazy, busy, mind-blowing day, and that's when you're so stinking busy you don't sit all day, the day goes by SO much faster than any normal day. {How many run-on sentences was that?}
That brings us to Friday (my favorite day of the workweek). After work, Brad and I met up with our Sunday school class at Chapman's to eat with our pastor and his family. It's nice to get out with people we normally only see on Sundays. After we stuffed ourselves it was time to head back to town. Brad's grandfather was in the hospital with pneumonia (he's ok and home now). Then it was off to bed; 5am comes realllly early.
Brad decided to work Saturday and I cleaned the house! Blah! I hate cleaning. I talked with Brad about hiring a maid. He didn't agree until I told him we would be splitting the chore list in half. Ha! Brad finally made it home sometime around 2:00 or so. He cleaned up and we headed to town. We visited his grandparents again then it was off to the airport--- where Brad somehow convinced me to fly with him. What was I thinking?? Ok, so it wasn't that bad; in fact, it was much better than the first (and only) time I flew with him. We were in the air when the sun set. I think I handled this trip quite nicely (if I do say so myself). Brad was pretty impressed too!
Sunday was nice! It included church, visiting Brad's grandparents, grocery shopping, and visiting my mom. Then we grilled burgers for some friends and I made some Rotel (with cream cheese instead of Velveeta) and spinach dip. Yum!
Nothing too exciting this week (of course, it's only Tuesday- I started this post yesterday). Brad is helping all of his hunting buddies prepare for duck season-- opens Saturday-- so he's been coming home late. I decided to take down all of my fall things this week. Actually it's pretty much all down except for the few things on my porch. I'm sure everything will be back in the orange tubs and in the shed by this weekend. Amos was very helpful while I was trying to separate and make note of what all I have. Yes, I wrote everything down and I plan on keeping it so next year I won't be tempted to buy more! Ha! I'll get some pictures posted tonight or tomorrow, because... seriously... who cares about reading all of this? Not me! And it's my life. HA! Pictures are much more fun! :) Maybe one day my life won't be so plain and boring and I'll have something to write about other than our busy weekends and our dog...
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment