Speaking of New Years... did you do anything fun? We went to Brad's grandparents for our Christmas dinner then back home at 9pm. Brad went back to town to help his brother and dad move some heavy pieces of furniture into a trailer. He was back home by 10:30 and we were asleep by 11. Yeah, that's how we party... ha! Technically, it was New Year's in New York so we just celebrated with them I guess.
New Years Day was nice too. I took down all of my Christmas decor and lounged around. I think we should all only work four days a week. We need Friday to rest before the weekend starts.
Saturday was fun. I met my mother, sister and niece in town to do a little tutu shopping. No luck at our first stop so then we headed to the theater to watch "Alvin and the Chipmunks". I think we enjoyed it more than she did. However, I did not enjoy spending $4 for a bag of skittles, BUT Chloe really wanted them. I was glad to buy them for her, but seriously people... it was a rip off! I won't mention the price of the drink and pretzel. Ha... I'd rather not recall it. After the movie we headed to Wal-Mart to do more tutu shopping and grocery shopping. We had a little luck with leotards and leggings, but that was it. I bought a car charger/radio transmitter for my iPod and then finished up grocery shopping. I think I ended up with milk, grapefruits, bananas and a frozen pizza. We'll probably starve this week. That, or I'll go grocery shopping again. I made it home to watch the 4th quarter of the Cotton Bowl (Hotty Toddy!!) and then Brad and I went to some friends' house to watch the Arkansas game and eat. I felt terrible for East Carolina's kicker. I hope they didn't make find his own way home!
Sunday was busy, as usual. Church in the morning then Tupelo in the afternoon. Brad went flying with a friend and I did a little shopping. I spent $21 on my niece and $19 on my dog. I spend zilch on myself (unless you count that Brad and I ate at McDonald's on the way home). While in Tupelo, I ran into one of the Wal-Mart stores and picked up another leotard, skirt thingy, and shoes. We still need to find an actual tutu. Sounds like we need to go to Memphis! After we got home we went to visit Brad's grandparents. While we were there a friend called to tell us that his truck had broken down in Tupelo and asked if we could come get him. Folks, it was 7pm and we had just got back from Tupelo. Of course, Brad wanted to help though (I did too). We went home to get Brad's truck, then Brad went back to his grandparents' to get a car hauler then met a friend to ride with him to Tupelo. They got the truck loaded (broken tire rod?) then drove it back to town, dropped the friend off, unloaded the truck and he made it home at 12:38am this morning. For the most part I was awake! I tried really hard to stay awake. It was hard to get out of bed this morning!
Just in case you were curious what my house looked like on New Years Day...
And yes, I was watching a hockey game. It came on after the Dean Martin infomercial and that was after the parade! That's what I started out watching while I was undecorating. I'll be honest, I will probably download a few of Dean's songs to my ipod once my laptop is up and running...
Do you need a close up of my clutter???
Dont' be afraid! It's all neatly arranged in tubs now.

No comments:
Post a Comment