Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was a little different this year. Since mom and I were off on Christmas Eve, mom decided to cook breakfast for the family. I did have to work for about an hour that morning. I met Brad in town and we headed to mom's. She had a big breakfast cooked for all of us. Next it was gift time. Chloe was really excited about things things this year. Dad had already let her open one gift- a new Barbie bicycle. She got a few Wii games and a DVD too. She gets so much during the year that we don't do toooo much at Christmas. Mom and Dad were tooo good to us this year!! I got a sewing machine- I'm completely lost on how to use it, but I have plans to change that. After we cleaned up and visited, Brad and I headed out. He was going to carry my machine and threw his back out. That made for a long day!

I headed out to the Dixon's that afternoon and visited with mom's paternal side of the family. I skipped out a little early so that I could make it to Brad's family. We got to visit with them then went to Brad's parents' house for a few minutes so Brad could lay in the floor.

We got home and exchanged gifts with each other. I let him open his first. He got a new VDC {Vansandt duck call}, a cord thingy to hook his MP3 player up to his headset while flying, and an Under Armor pullover. Next, he hands me one gift that had been semi-hidden behind the tree. It was a camera tripod that I've wanted since last year! Brad and I never, ever, ever have pictures made together so now set my timer and snap away! :) He waited a bit then got sneaky.
He told me Santa brought me something else and that it was a new headset. Um, yeah, yippee. HA! I open the headset bag and there are three jewelry store boxes. I opened one up and it was a Pandora bracelet with three charms; a red one, a green one and a present. He had picked them out all by himself. My next box was a sapphire and diamond ring! I had asked for one, never thinking he would get me something like that- we promised not to spend a lot. My third box was a gift card to the jewelry store so that I could get a few more charms for my bracelet or return my ring and put that with the card to get me something else. He was afraid I wouldn't like it! Brad did good! Very good!

Next up, Christmas Day!

No comments: