This year Brad and I didn't have any big plans for NYE. I was supposed to go into work for about an hour and a half, but that turned into four long hours. After that I came home and started taking down the Christmas things. Brad started burning boxes. We just couldn't make our mind up and finally Brad asked me to call Outback {our favorite place} and they could get us in at 4:30. I should tell you it was 3:30 and we live about 45 minutes from the restaurant!
We flew into hectic mode and was on the road in less than 20 minutes. I didn't have time to put together my cute NYE outfit I had in mind, but it all worked out. We had a nice meal then headed back home to play Wii for a bit. Then we watched Amelia {movie with Richard Gere and Hilary Swank about Amelia Earhart}. The movie was ok, but a little on the boring side. Brad and I both were asleep by 11:30. I woke up about 12:15 and said "Happy New Year" then dozed back off. I was so tired- I got in bed about 1:30. I even slept late! That was nice.
Today has been busy with taking down and packing away all of the Christmas things and cleaning my house- bedroom, bathrooms, living room and kitchen then catching up on laundry. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday, but at least I'll be free to take a much needed nap after church tomorrow!
Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. I have no idea what 2011 will hold! I do have a few resolutions, but I'm never good at keeping them! I looked back at my resolutions from last year and I don't think I kept any of them!
Just for fun, I'd like to go ahead and list...
- Take more pictures of life in general- one day we'll look back and our pictures will tell the story- our will be fuzzy!
- Take advantage of my new camera tripod and get some shots with Brad
- Learn how to use my sewing machine and create some things for Chloe {and maybe Amos} and use the embroidery function a few times
- Declutter this house!
I think those are all attainable this year. Anything else will be icing on the cake!
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment