Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I have been quite the Debbie Downer lately and it stinks! I am such a "Cranky Cassie" or "Negative Nancy" and I'm to the point where I'm even annoying myself! So, to start things off in more of a "Positive Patsy" kind of way I'm listing a few things that make me beyond thankful...

1. Family- My mom and dad have let me & Amos {and sometimes Brad} move in next door to them for free. Yes, I try to give money, but she puts it back into my savings so what am I supposed to do?  My sister and niece come over every week day and let Amos out at lunch {Brad and I used to take turns doing this and it was getting expensive and time consuming} and then mom and dad let him out when I'm not there. They're always inviting me to eat with them so I have access to free food and snacks :)

2. Friends- They keep me sane. Period. I'm lucky enough to work with a very good friend of mine so we're constantly emailing or visiting each other. Other friends I email regularly and meet on weekends or after work. It doesn't happen too often since we all stay pretty busy, but we still meet up!

3. Amos- Dogs {I'm not a cat person} give unconditional love. If Amos wasn't hitting the 200lb mark I would let him on the couch with me. I've done that a few times and he just lays his little big head in my lap. He is not an active dog, but he gets up and meets me every time I come home. He's so protective of me when I'm home alone and he's beyond jealous when he sees me holding my first-born {Toby, the mini chihuahua} that my parents adopted.

4. My job- I don't talk much about my job on the ole blog, but I started at this bank in 2002 when I was in college. I have worked in two different cities and three different branches and my sweet boss even made a position for me and hired me full time after I graduated college. It's an 8:15-4:30/5 job most of the time and it's ok if I'm a little late or leave a little early or take a longer lunch some days. I work with some sweet ladies and never get bored. Don't get me wrong; it's not all rainbows and sunshine everyday, but I'm pretty spoiled here. {If I ever leave here, I'd prefer to work with men though. It's a hen house here!}

5. My sweet husband {AKA: B-rad, husby, honey, babe, goof-ball}- Wow, does he put up with a lot? That man has the patience of Job, I promise you. When we started our journey... oh, 9 years ago... I had no idea what I was getting myself into! As the "head of the house", he takes his role pretty seriously {even though we all know I make most of the decisions :)} He is by far an "eye on the prize" and tunnel vision person and will not give up until he has what he wants. Granted, I had no idea that one month after getting married he would decide to start flying, leave the family business and pursue a job as a crop-duster, but he gives everything 100%. He listens to my rants and raves and random talks. He makes sure I'm taken care of. He lets me have my "moments" and that's only a tiny part of why I love him. I did tell him the other day that when he does finally start making money, that I would finally start spending money :) He didn't disagree. He knows this is truth. He accepts it. He moves on.

6. Health- We all take our health for granted, don't we? That is, until we're sick or hurt! I've never broken a bone {I tried, but just couldn't}, I've only been hospitalized over night one time {tonsillectomy gone bad}. I've never made a trip to the ER {well, except that one ambulance ride}. I've never really had anything big happen so all in all I'm pretty healthy. I type this as I'm hunkered over because of a pain in my back and I'm rubbing my knee since the pain is flaring up, but you get the point :)

I could keep going, but I'll stop for now. Wait, one more thing.

7. Air Conditioning!! Hello, it's July. In Mississippi. We've been under a heat advisory and or heat warning practically all summer. It's hot people. Now, if only my boss would bump the thermostat from 68 to a nice 73ish, I would be even more thankful! :)

Is anyone else ready for fall weather or is it just me? I'm not the type to rush my life away, but I despise summer. I went shopping this weekend and most of the stores have out their fall clothes and I just wanted to snatch up all the long sleeves, sweaters and darker colored clothing. A pasty white girl with dark hair just can't pull off summer colors as well as fall colors!


No comments: