Let's start off with Friday night, shall we? I was pretty lazy starting about 8pm so I got some much needed rest before my crazy weekend began. Saturday, I was up at 7 and we were out the door by 830 headed to Memphis for a little shopping. Mama Lynn joined mother, Courtney, Chloe and myself and we were very productive! We hit up Target, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby, Justice, Old Navy, and the mall (only a couple of stores). I ended up with 2 pairs of dress pants for work, 1 pair of linen pants, 1 dress/tunic {definitely a tunic for me and I'm only 5'5!}, 1 top, and 2 sweaters. I was pretty pumped! The dress pants were the only thing that were full price; everything else was on sale except the sweaters and they were on clearance. Chloe got probably 10 or more outfits mainly from Target, a few tops from Justice and two new pairs of shoes from Stride Rite.
We got home just in time for me to change clothes and head to a wedding shower. It was an outside shower at 630 pm in Mississippi in July. No further explanation needed :) It was nice though! Jenessa is using a Robin's Egg blue and burlap in her wedding so that's the colors they used for the shower. We had bbq, beans, slaw plus four types of homemade ice cream and cookies. They got several nice gifts and now have more than everything they will need to grill out.
I left the shower at 830 {Brad had to work late and couldn't go with me} and met Brad and Levi at Mike's. We sat around talking until about 10 when Jim & Jenessa and the leftover friends from the shower came in. The guys threw darts all night and *luckily* they threw us out at midnight! The ladies were more than ready to head home. It had been a very long day, but it was nice hanging out with people you don't normally see- especially since Brad and I have been spending most of our free time in Arkansas these days.
Sunday was a whirlwind as well. We went to church, grocery shopped, ate lunch with Levi, showed the house, then came home so Brad could change the oil in his truck and I could clean and do laundry. Then we grilled hot dogs and made homemade ice cream with my parents. Needless to say I was a tad bit happy about coming back to work this morning. I needed a break after the alarm went off at 320am this morning. I had to wake Brad up so he could get on the road headed back to AR. It was too late last night when we finished up.
This week is going to be rather boring! Tonight and Thursday I have zumba and other than that I'm free. I plan on spending my free time watching my summer shows {that now include Big Brother!}. :)
Happy Monday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment