Thursday, Lori and I decorated at church. We set out some nice fall flowers in the urns and put the wreaths on the door. Two other ladies had already finished so much when we got there!
Friday was almost a date night for us. We tried out the Shrimp Boat Cafe in town. They have a variety of seafood such as crab claws and alligator meat. Don't worry, they have catfish and chicken too! Afterwards we went home and crashed. Brad forced me to watch 3:10 to Yuma. Luckily I found a magazine to read and played on the Internet. If I'm going to watch a Western, I would prefer an action packed one or at least something that holds my attention. This one? I was yawning 10 minutes into it.
Saturday was busy (as usual). I met my mother and some coworkers at the Green Market downtown and shopped for a bit; had new tires put on my car; grocery shopped, and attended a benefit for a friend's father. I left my house around 9:30 that morning and got home 12 hours later.
Sunday was worse. Brad found a plane in Nashville, TN so he called the man to schedule a time (we were hoping for Saturday, but we weren't so lucky). We pulled out of our driveway at 6:30 am Sunday morning. It was DARK, people... dark. We dropped Amos off at my in-laws' and headed North. We drove about an hour northeast of Nashville- almost the Kentucky line- to a tiny little town named Lafayette, TN. It's a tobacco farming community and it is one sad sight. We drove down this one road and almost every house had a "For Sale" sign in the yard. Every back we passed had several cars that were apparently repossessed. At every intersection there were auctioning signs. It was so sad.
What I found odd was that every house was either a newer mobile home with a nice drive and landscaping or a newer home. We did see a few old houses, but most looked new. We also saw a lot of barns that looked identical. Later we found out that they are identical because they are all used to cure the tobacco. Back to the original train... the newness of the town (is "newness" a word?). The main street was freshly paved; there was a brand new Wal-Mart supercenter; there were brand new fast food restaurants- Hardee's, KFC, Long John Silver's, etc...; the banks even looked new. BUT 75-85% of the houses are for sale or being auctioned off due to foreclosure.
Back to the plane... since we got there so early we stopped for an early lunch and a walk around Wal-Mart to stretch our legs. You see, Brad is not one to stop on a 4 hour drive- even if you really, really have to go! The walking was nice! We got to the hangar and met with the mechanic and the owner. The plane is identical to Snoopy... long white snout with black nose. Brad checked it out, liked it, and offered to buy it IF our aero-mechanic approved of it. We drove back from Lafayette and the owner flew the plane down to the Corinth airport. Are you getting tired of reading yet??
We picked the guy up and drove him to Pickwick to his sail boat and dropped him off. We picked Amos up and headed straight for home. So, we left our house at 6:30am and got home 15 hours later.
That leads us to Monday. Monday was spent trying not to fall asleep at work plus trying to get the financing straight and the plane checked out. We figured the man would the plane down a few days or the next weekend-- not the same day-- so we weren't really prepared. Everything on the plane checked out and Brad left out about 6pm driving the man back to Nashville. I went to Bunco after work and got home about 11 that night. I stayed up until Brad got home at 12:30. We were in bed before 1 and I was back up at 6.
Now we're at Tuesday when I got up at 6am. Needless to say, I drove straight to the coffee shop after dropping Amos off this morning. I slurped that puppy down after I added a few packets of Splenda. I'm still trying to stay awake today. I'm praying that the cleaning fairy showed up at my house! I mean... we haven't really been home since Friday night. Ha! One day I think we'll be boring people, but not now... that's for sure.
Oh, Big Brother will be on tonight!!!! Bones comes back on Thursday and House starts Monday!! I can.not.wait.!!!
I think this puts you up to date, but I had no less than ten interruptions while typing this so there is NO TELLING what I just typed or how bad I will leave you confused. Leave a comment and I'll try to clear things up... right after I have another cup of coffee or caffeinated beverage.
Oh, another thought-- Prixie had around 1200 miles added to her this weekend. I'm sure we broke in the new tires!!
Oh, I forgot my camera Sunday so I have zero pictures of Lafayette, TN and all of the tobacco fields.
3 comments:
I am sad there are no pictures. I was looking forward to them. Seriously.
Me too, but something about leaving while it was dark threw me for a loop. I'll take pictures of the plane whenever I go back out to the airport. :(
How do you have so much energy?? Seriously..I need to know!!
Post a Comment