Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Five or Fifteen?!

I used to do this thing called "Friday Five" a very long time ago. It's been so long that I thought I would try to get back into the habit of posting again... Anywho, let's start off with five random things:

1. Amos has never been fond of storms, but he's never really been afraid of them either. Until now. This Wednesday we were supposed to have more bad weather {in fact, Brad was sent home from work and told to find some place safe}. We've had a few spells in the past few weeks and Amos hasn't really acted up. Until now. Brad was so tired when he got in Wednesday that he ended up falling asleep on the couch. I was watching the radar so I knew when it was supposed to hit. First the rain picked up, then the lightening and finally loud roars of thunder. You could almost feel the high winds inside of our little apartment. It was right at bedtime so I was doing the bedtime routine {washing my face, letting Amos out, taking my nightly meds, etc...} and of course it would be time for Amos to go potty before bedtime. Do you know how hard it is to make a dog that size go potty in heavy rain/winds and constant lightening and thunder? Nearly impossible. He finally got outside and then froze! I could read his mind-- "NO WAY I'M GETTING OUT IN THIS. MOM IS NUTS IF SHE THINKS I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO MY BUSINESS RIGHT NOW?!?!" After much work on both of our parts he finally finished up and ran back inside. I dried him off and WHAM?! More heavy thunder and lightening. The house shook and the lights flickered and you could hear loud pops! I was determined to go to bed and not worry too much. {Silly me}. Next thing I know, my sweet Amos is barking and jumping and attempting to howl every time something happened. Thunder? BARK! Lightening? BARK! JUMP! More thunder? BARK! {Brad still sleeping- by now he is in the fetal position and completely unaware of anything}. Loud bowling ball alley sounding thunder? BARK! JUMP! HOWL! BARK! BARK! Surely you get the point. Now, at this time I have crawled out of the bed and I am in the floor with him and he is shaking like a leaf out in the storm. The thunderstorm lasted 47 hours almost an hour. I was completely beside myself by then and laying in the floor with Amos trying to keep him calm. It was a long night. So, if you find yourself down and out just picture me laying in the floor trying to console my sweet, terrified 190 pound English Mastiff while my *&%*#%& darling husband slept in the fetal position.

2. Kayla and I went to watch Something Borrowed last night and I loved it! No, it wasn't as good as the book, BUT it was a great movie. I hear there is going to be a part two- Something Blue- so I'm excited about that as well!

3. Before the movie started we watched several previews and have started our list of what we want to watch next. First up is Abduction and the next one is One Day.

4. Monday is Memorial Day {and my three day weekend}! Woot woot!! I have absolutely no plans at this point, but I'm sure something will come up. Brad doesn't know his weekend work schedule, but maybe he'll get to come in and grill me a burger!

5. Tomorrow is Sweet Saturday, but at this point I'm not in the mood for ice cream {HELLO? WHAT?!?! This is a first. Period. Ever.}. I'm really wanting a Big Mac {hold the onion and pickle}! HA! I don't want to eat all of it- just a few bites of that burger and special sauce to eat with a small handful of French fries. YUM.

6. Kayla and I "splurged" on the kid meal {this eating healthy thing is slowly, slowly, slowly getting better} at the Malco last night- tiny order of popcorn and drink along with some fruit snacks! Actually, it was probably a solid adult serving- portion sizes are nuts in America! We ate it slowly and tried to make it last as long as we could {or at least that's what I did}.

7. While we were waiting on the movie to start I noticed my grandmother come in all by herself. I motioned for her to come sit with us and she did. She had brought Savannah and a couple of friends to watch a movie. It was fun getting to spend a few minutes with her!

8. Last Friday, I showed the house to a couple. They seemed very interested in it; in fact, they said they were going to the bank Monday. Today is Friday. I haven't heard from them. Not at all. No "hey, we're working on paperwork." No "we were denied a loan". No "we changed our mind". No "my husband got abducted by aliens." Nothing. Rude. Very rude.

9. While at the branch today I was offered a fun size Snickers bar. I said "no". I deserve a treat for saying no, right?! :)  

10. I had a breakfast meal from McDonald's this morning. We always eat out on Friday mornings but I've been trying to find something healthy to eat for breakfast at a fast food place and haven't had much luck. Anyway, I had hotcakes and they were melt-in-your-mouth good. So, to make up for the breakfast I had, I skipped lunch and had two packs of 100 calorie cookies. HA! Yes, I realize that is not the best decision I've made, but today has been nutso so that's what I went with.

11. I just realized that on my agenda this weekend will be making sure our grass gets mowed at our house and that our new flag gets put out on the porch. Brad better come in because I'm done and over mowing!

12. My sister, brother-in-law and niece will be camping this weekend so we won't get to see them :(

13. My new swimsuits came in yesterday {early!}. They fit, but that's all I'll say. I have to return a few pieces since I bought multiple to try on, but I ended up with two sets!

14. My new swimsuits will be displayed somewhere very visable in my aparment so I can remind myself that in less than three weeks I'll be wearing them!! Also, I will take a pic and save it as the background on my phone. Every little reminder helps, right?! :)

15. I found a few more pictures on mom's camera I wanted to post. These are from my birthday :)

This is my "deer in the headlights" look. What do you think?


No comments: