Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day/Weekend

Don't you just looooove three day weekends? I do! Instead of rambling on like I normally do, I feel a bullet-point list coming along! HA!
Friday:
  • Worked til 5 then met a friend for dinner at Mike's. We ended up staying there and talking from 5-9! We haven't seen each other in a while so it was nice to catch up :)
Saturday:
  • Cleaned the apartment {blah}
  • Shopped for a dress to wear to an upcoming wedding!
  • Grocery shopped
  • Brad got in about 6ish
  • Ate with Brad
  • Went to a friends' house for a cookout/party. They just built their house and it was very nice!
  • Stayed out too late- I think we're getting too old for that!
Sunday:
  • Early service at church
  • Ate lunch with Brad's parents and sister
  • Grocery shopped for him
  • Had ice cream as my "Sweet Saturday/Sunday" and it was yummo! Birthday Cake ice cream in a waffle cone :)
  • Watched a little tv
Monday: {Happy Memorial Day!!}
  • Slept late {8am} because Amos kept waking me up throughout the night which is not like him at all!
  • Had McDonald's happy meal for "breakfast" since we missed the 10:30 cut off time
  • Visited Brad's grandparents-- his grandfather fell out of bed and busted his chin open {OUCH!}
  • Cut down and removed a large part of a tree in Brad's grandparents' yard.
  • Grilled out with the in-laws
  • Packed Brad up and sent him back to AR


Brad next to the limb he cut up and I hauled onto the trailer...
 

The limbs were down in the ground almost a foot deep!



Brad's cute grandparents! They both turn 86 this year!
For the record, I should tell you that it was hard work keeping up with Granny! She has more energy and stamina than a 20 something does!

That's all I did this weekend. What did you do? :)

No comments: