![]() |
| You know what to do! |
What I'm Loving is that Amos is healthy!!
What I Love includes the following items! {I'll give you a second to scroll down and see then come back here! :)}
Oh, you need to me explain? Hehehe... let's start at the beginning, shall we?
My dog is "special". He has a routine and you do.not.stray. from the routine or you will have a 200 pound mess on your hands. Do not move his bed, food bowl, or any piece of furniture or he will freak out. Seriously. Anywho, let me speed up... He has always, always gone to potty at or around 730am, 12, 5pm and 10pm. Those times can adjust 30 minutes to an hour, but that is all you're getting. SO imagine how I felt when all of a sudden Amos is only going out every 12-18 (or more!) hours?!?!
This "mama' just knew something was wrong. Not only was he not going, but he wasn't even getting up off the floor! I called the vet and they suggested ME collecting a urine sample and bringing it to THEM. HUH? "You want me to do what?" I think is what I mumbled. Yeah, it was either that or load him up and carry him myself! So, I put on my big girl panties gloves and grabbed an old Betty Crocker icing tub with lid and followed him outside... You can imagine what happened next.
Did you imagine me chasing him around the house with my pretty blue gloves and cup hoping and praying he would stop long enough to let me catch him? Because that is what happened.
Guess what? I took my sample {in the can with lid, in a gallon size freezer bag} to the vet and the sample was "no good". What? Huh? Really? They need fresh pee and it needs to be in a cooler. Too bad they didn't tell me that before!!! I go back home for round number 2 of "catching the pee" and it was still a game to that poor dog. He wouldn't get out of the floor so I had to ram him {gently} with the vacuum cleaner until he got up!
This time I got TWO samples for them.
After all that "fun" I feel like this woman!
![]() |
| {Side note: I googled "frazzled woman" and got this. Really? She's a 50's housewife-- how is she frazzled??} |
The Vet's office called later to tell me that Amos does NOT have a UTI. He's probably "being rebellious". Huh? We moved over 4 months ago and he is just now rebelling? Whatevs.
Now he's holding it over 20 hours and I think that's insane, but apparently Vets do not.
If you made it to the end... CONGRATULATIONS!! I know this isn't my typical WILW posts, but I really do LOVE my dog and I LOVE that he doesn't have a UTI. I also LOVE the fact that my life consists of text messages like this: "Gone home for more dog pee" or "I just took a 200lb Mastiff's urine sample all by myself" or "You owe me!! I just chased your dog around the house to catch his pee in Mama Lynn's icing tub!!"
HAHAHAHA
Have you done anything interesting lately?? I'll leave you with a picture of my patient! :)








3 comments:
awe that face is too precious!
Thanks! He is such a baby :) I took several of him the other day. Hopefully I'll get those posted this week.
I just laughed out loud.. all over again! lol
Post a Comment