Friday, August 19, 2011

Week of Movies

Thanks to free movie channels this past weekend, I used plenty of my DVR storage space! I have watched three movies so far...
 This wasn't my first time to watch Juno. I've watched it once before and liked it. It's definitely different, but I laughed out loud several times!

 This was my first time to watch 500 Days of Summer and let's just say I was surprised at the ending. I'm not a huge fan of movie jumping around {Day 342 then to Day 156}, but it wasn't too difficult to keep up with. I love both leading actors and the friends are hilarious!

I had read several, several mixed reviews about this movie. I heard everything from "don't waste your time" to "it's a MUST watch". Of course, probably the only reason I watched it was good ole Robert". I will say I wasn't expecting that to happen at all. I normally have a good idea of what's going to happen, but maybe because I was watching and taking care of Amos or maybe because I was that into it that I just didn't see that coming. At all. I won't say anymore just in case you haven't watched it yet. I have probably said enough already. The movie seems slow, but I'm glad I watched it.

I've also been to the theater twice this week. That never happens! I love going to watch movies, but at the outrageous price I find myself only watching movies I just can't live without! I wish you could get a movie card sort of like a Kroger card or Petsmart card! That would be nice! Malco, are you listening??

First up was... Crazy, Stupid Love. I watched this Saturday with Whitney!! {We were the only ones to watch it!}
 Words cannot describe this movie, but I'll try... awesome, hilarious, freaking awesome, freaking hilarious, super funny, yum-o, love, favorite, and well... you get the idea. Folks, I WILL be buying this. I might even fork out the money to watch it in the theater again.

Next up was the Help. I watched this with Kayla on Tuesday.

 We went to the 7:30 show and didn't leave until 10! We were the youngest in the theater by about 20 or so years! It was super crowded for a Tuesday at 7:30, but since they were all older {and mature} you could still watch the movie in peace without teenagers giggling and talking and texting the whole time. If you haven't read the book, then stop what you are doing and go read it! Then watch this movie. For the first time in a long time, the movie is reallllly close to the book! Yay! Of course a few things were swapped around, but you have to do that to keep from having a 4 hour movie. I really enjoyed this! Of course, I've lived in Mississippi my whole life and it amazes me how things used to be. I'm so glad things have changed. The South gets looked down on so often, and it's so sad. I can't help what people did 50-60 years ago. I can only do my best today.



Next up on my movie list? Not sure! I have plenty more sitting and waiting on me thanks to my handy-dandy DVR. Then I find out this morning that since my parents are now such loyal customers that we get free movie channels for 3 months. Score! :) Have a great weekend and go watch a movie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need more movie dates. Like a standard every third week date or something?

Cassie said...

I'm loving your idea! Now if we can incorporate your idea and my frequent shopper card we would be golden, right? :)