Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Books

I know this is not a recent release, but I'm finally getting around to reading it... and it did not dissapoint! I think it helped that there is already a movie out based on this book so I could easily put faces with names. I will say this... Marley reminds me so much of Mr. Amos. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at some of the things that happened in the book. After reading it, I made sure to love, hug and *treat* Amos more than usual. He is already spoiled, but it's gotten worse. The sweet sad ending made me think of another dog of mine from years ago. Her name was Red and we had her for several years. She "lived" at my grandmother's but made her way around.

This book? It is not for young ones! I would rate it like a movie and give it an R. After you get past those parts, it really is a good book. I didn't know much about Kendra going into the book- only what I saw from watching her show (and not The Girls Next Door). She went through a lot before finding her prince and I really respect that she didn't back down.
I zipped through this book pretty easily. Again, this movie is about to come out {Friday!!} so I could put faces with names even though the girls they cast look nothing like the book described. I can't really say much about this other than I really liked it and I'm ready to watch the movie. I do think I'll be reading the other Emily Griffin books though.


This is a turn around from the first one. It's written by the other friend rather than Rachel from the first book. It still kept my attention and was hard to put down at night. I googled after I finished reading and there are plans to make this one a movie as well. Yay! Now if it would only come around faster than the Twilight movies... :)



Sweet Kayla got me a gift card for my birthday so I plan on doing a little book shopping soon... Now I just need suggestions! I'm thinking Water for Elephants or The Help?! They both seem to be pretty popular right now!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are my next two I want to read! =)

Heather said...

have you read the HUNGER GAMES yet? OMG! I am hooked! I read the first one in a day and a half! (there are 3 books in the series) They are making a movie out of them.

Heather said...

I read something borrowed and something blue a loooong time ago. I can't wait to see the movies!

Heather said...

oh, and the Help is GREAT! sorry for 4,000 posts! ;)