TGIF!
That's really all I can say (or type). I absolutely loved being on vacation, but coming back to work has been a little stressful. A lot of work can pile up in three days. I am almost caught up- just in time for the weekend! Yesterday was full of bad news- news of two young men taking their own lives; news of a high school friend losing her husband six weeks after getting married; news of a friend's father getting bad news about cancer spreading throughout his body... I'm sick of bad news. If anyone knows any good news, tell me... I need to hear something good for a change! Ok, so I only have one person reading my blog, but still.... :)
I wasn't around a laptop or internet last week so I didn't get to do my Friday Five-- so I'll do it twice today. That's if I can think of 10 things.
Friday Five (Take One)
1. I think my dog, Amos, gained 5 pounds and grew 3 inches while I was gone. He's got to be close to 130lbs by now.
2. Chloe had her last t-ball game and played very well. I think she was glad it was over. It's crazy to have all those 3 & 4 year olds out facing the hot sun for an hour.
3. I went grocery shopping Tuesday and spent a whopping $44. Yep, we have almost starved ourselves this week. Not intentionally-- just wasn't in the mood to buy groceries when I went.
4. I've been letting my hair grow out for over a year now. Everyday I think I will cut it off, but then talk myself out of it. I would love to let it get long enough to donate to Locks of Love, but I doubt it will get that long (11 inches). Pantene accepts it at 8 inches. That's more reasonable for me. My hair grows soooooooooo slow- even with taking hair vitamins.
5. Everyday Brad and I take turns taking Amos to my mother-in-law's house. They live very close to town so it's easier to have him there. I am so thankful for that because I would hate to drive back home everyday at lunch to let him out.
Friday Five (Take Two)
1. I bought a Bumpit the other day. A friend/coworker had the cutest "hair-do" the other day and she let me in on her secret-- the bumpit! I have yet to make it look right, but I'm still trying. I'm just not in the habit of teasing my hair.
2. I keep my checkbook balanced to the penny- I have no idea what I will do if I ever leave the bank.
3. Now that all of my friends are married- they're all having babies! Babies everywhere! I had a friend have her little girl about two weeks ago and I've got another friend scheduled for a c-section next week. Don't worry- Brad and I plan on waiting for a long time before we think about kids.
4. I hope to do a little shopping this weekend, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. I also want to work on the 2nd bedroom, but Brad will probably be busy all day and I can't hang crown molding by myself! :)
5. It's already the middle of June and I have yet to have a snow cone! I love snow cones and plan on getting one soon! Soon as in this weekend!
This isn't a 6th one, but I have yet to upload any of my vacation pictures. I promise to get that done this weekend. Have a great Father's Day!!!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment