Monday, June 8, 2009

What a Weekend!

5pm Friday couldn't get here fast enough! I drove back home from Oxford and unpacked; then Brad and I headed to Corinth to try out a new restaurant-- Beef O'Brady's. I had the BBQ burger and Brad ordered the Philly Steak and Cheese. Both were yummy! We're both happy that the restaurant opened. There's not much to choose from in Corinth- especially after getting spoiled in Oxford! We also stopped by Wal-Mart so Brad could get a new Metallica CD. We don't have much in common when it comes to music!

Saturday was busy. Our alarm went off at 6:30am! Brad went to work to scrap units and take to the recycling center and I started cleaning the house (more proof that we're getting older!). We left around lunch going to Tupelo. Brad was meeting his instructor for a flight lesson then we were going shopping. We spent about three hours in the mall and all I got was a purse! Brad lucked out with several things though so it was worth it. After the mall (and Sbarro's) we headed back home. We stopped at a friend's house for a few minutes and it was nice seeing some old friends. We didn't get in bed until 1am!! I am not a night owl- much more the early bird so this wasn't easy for me.

Sunday was just as busy! After going to the early service at church we went grocery shopping then came home to work around the house. I finally got curtains hung in the living room and in the laundry room!! Thanks babe! We also cleaned out the guest bedroom and I hope that we can get the crown molding hung within a week or so. We might have that room livable by the end of the month. After all of the work was finished we smoked (ok, Brad smoked) some BBQ chicken. We had two couples over and I made Apple-Blueberry Crunch for them. Here's the recipe:

Apple Blueberry Crunch
1 21oz apple pie filling
1 14oz package frozen blueberries
1 cup sugar
1 18.25oz white cake mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Ice cream or whipped topping

Spread apple pie filling on bottom of a 13x9 greased dish.
Toss together blueberries and 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl, and spoon over apple pie filling.
Sprinkle cake mix evenly over fruit, and drizzle with melted butter.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.

Brad isn't a huge walnut fan so I used pecans instead- I didn't toast them though. Make sure to spread the remaining sugar and melted butter over the entire area. This was DELICIOUS. I plan on making it a lot this summer! I'm sure it's "healthy" since it has apples and blueberries and I used FF/SF ice cream! HA!

Chloe had another t-ball game last night. It was so hot that the little kids didn't want to get out on the field and stand in the sun. We saw a few meltdowns, including Chloe!
I'm leaving for Florida Thursday morning and it can't come soon enough!

No comments: