I'm sitting on the couch watching TV- actually I'm watching "I'm Pregnant and... In Prison". Not quite sure how I come across this, but it's pretty interesting. Anyway, I'm sitting here and something clicks in my head... I completely missed our engagement anniversary! Yep, Friday (the last day I posted) was our engagement anniversary. December 11, 2007 after work I went over to Brad's house (now our house). We were watching tv and Brad mentioned needing some clothes washed. I thought it was odd because this was a Tuesday night and I just did laundry for him that weekend --plus he still did his own laundry. Anyway, I go to the laundry room and start a load of laundry. I come back into the living room and there is my sweetie kneeling down on one knee with a ring box in his hands.

I can't believe that was two years ago!! So much has changed since then! We've been married almost two years (short engagement), we now have Amos, Brad's earned his pilot's license, we've bought a ton of furniture, I've grown out my hair and then chopped it off, we bought an airplane, taken a vacation to NC, and lots of other smaller things. Wow, typing that out helped me realize why we stay broke! HA! It's been an interesting/fast/fun/trying/exciting two years and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Bless him. He was going to wait until Christmas to propose, but my ring came in on Monday and he picked it up on Monday. I didn't see him that day, but I came over the next day. Yep, he could only wait one day. He was a wreck, I think. Just me being here for one hour was all he could take. Isn't that cute? He had to come up with a way to get me out of the room so he could sneak and get the ring and get into position?!
I WISH I had a picture from that night, but we didn't get one picture. This is the closest I could do. This one was taken 6 days later.
I WISH I had a picture from that night, but we didn't get one picture. This is the closest I could do. This one was taken 6 days later.

I can't believe that was two years ago!! So much has changed since then! We've been married almost two years (short engagement), we now have Amos, Brad's earned his pilot's license, we've bought a ton of furniture, I've grown out my hair and then chopped it off, we bought an airplane, taken a vacation to NC, and lots of other smaller things. Wow, typing that out helped me realize why we stay broke! HA! It's been an interesting/fast/fun/trying/exciting two years and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment