Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

I thought I would do a little "2009 Review"...

January:
Amos and Brad posed for a quick picture. I'm glad I got these two because Amos didn't stay that small for very long! Also in January, we got new king size mattresses at the furniture market. (We shared a full size bed for wayyyy too long.)

February:
My darling husband sent me flowers at work for Valentine's Day! Amos just had to pose with them. Of course, he tried to eat them so I had to find the best way to arrange this picture :) Ha!

March:
Brad and I celebrated our one year anniversary on March 1. It snowed that weekend! (Funny fact: it snowed the weekend after our wedding last year).

We had a piece of the top layer of our cake plus some punch from the wedding. Believe it or not, but it tasted pretty darn good!

April:
Brad turned 28 on April 9th. For his birthday he wanted me to go up with him in an airplane. He had been flying for a year at this point and it was his birthday wish so I felt like I needed to. However, I only took two pictures. I was entirely too sick and scared to take any while I was in the plane.

May:
On May 3rd, I turned 25! My mother, grandmother, sister and niece came over and we grilled hamburgers.

This one of Amos was in May also. Notice his extra "love handles" getting bigger??


June:
In June, we took a trip down to Panama City Beach, FL for a few days. It was so nice there!
Then when we got back, Chloe had her last tee-ball game of the season. I hope she plays next year. She was pretty good!

July:
Levi took his first trip up with Brad
August:
We celebrated mom and dad's anniversary on the 15th; mom's birthday on the 20th; and dad's birthday on the 21st. This was taken at mom and dad's little party we had. We just combined all three events into one. :)
For mom's birthday, Brad picked mom and Mama Lynn up and flew them around town. They both really enjoyed it!

September:
Back to the furniture market! This time for a new bedroom set! Try not to look at the blinding green grass! Not sure what happened!
Also in September, we bought an airplane!!! Yep, drove up north of Nashville and brought her home. HAAAA! I kindly named "her"-- Snoopy, but it wasn't man enough for Brad. He suggested White Lightening. Whatever... does the plane not look like Snoopy?
Then on the 27th, we celebrated Courtney's 27th birthday and on the 29th, it was Chloe's 4th birthday!
October:
Brad and I went to Iuka and watched our first Air Show (that I know of...).
Brad and I took our first official vacation together to the Smoky Mountains the second week of October! We shopped and ate and shopped and ate and rode the chair lift and went to an amusement park and ate some more... all in Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley, NC. It was gorgeous and I can't wait to go back!
November:
Amos was helping me take down my fall things around the house at the end of November.
December:
My mom's immediate family took a weekend vacation to the Smoky Mountains the weekend before Christmas. It snowed on our way there and it was beautiful (minus the part about being stuck in a Cadillac for almost an hour stranded on the side of a mountain looking at a huge drop off!!).

Then it was Christmas time at the Taylor house. We had a great Christmas!!
If this post did anything at all, it showed me that I do not take enough pictures of the important things. Plus, I'm never in the pictures. I hope 2010 is different! I didn't get any pictures on New Years Eve or NYDay. I think I'll add that to my list of resolutions... speaking of... here they are!!
Take more pictures! I feel like pictures document our lives. We will always have the memories, but it's nice to have pictures to jog our memory, right?

Save more, spend less!
Read this post again if you need any sort of description as to why I'm going with this idea. The only big bill we have is our mortgage (plus a small loan). We save money, but I think we should have a lot more stocked back than what we do right now. Of course, we have bought several big ticket items this year (with cash) and we don't have any credit card debt.
Make healthier decisions! I already park at the end of the parking lot when I'm out shopping, but I want to eat better, cook healthier, exercise more, etc... I would love to lose 5-10 pounds in the next month or two!
Read more! I used to read all the time when I was younger. Then came college and I was forced to read for school, so why put myself through more reading at home?? I want to pick the habit back up.
These are the only four I'm willing to publicly announce. That way you can't hold me accountable for every resolution I've made!!
I hate to see 2009 go; it was a great year, but I'm looking forward to what 2010 brings!

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: