Levi showed up at my office yesterday- complete surprise! I invited him over to eat after work so I started looking through my new recipes. I like to have people over when I try new things so I'll have more opinions of the food. I found a recipe a week or so ago for these lasagna rolls. I finally got around to making them last night for Brad and Levi. Both guys bragged on them so they passed my test! This is the recipe I found (sorry, but I'm not sure where I found it!)...
Lasagna Rolls
12 oz package of lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 pint (16oz) creamy cottage cheese
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
pepper to taste
3 cups spaghetti sauce
Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package and rinse in cool water.
Brown the ground meat- I added garlic seasoning and some Italian seasoning to the meat as it browned.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, egg and seasonings. I used 1/6 cup of parsley flakes; ;didn't have fresh parsley.
Once combined, add the ground beef.
Pour 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a greased 9x13 backing dish.
Spread about 1/3 cup of the meat and cheese mixture on each lasagna noodle and roll up as if you were rolling up a jelly-roll.
Place seam side down in the sauce.
Cover with remaining sauce and top with the leftover mozzarella cheese. (If you have any left over meat mixture, you can add that just before you add the sauce so nothing goes to waste!)
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. or until bubbly. (Cover with foil and then remove for the last 10 minutes of baking time!)
I had to spread out some aluminum foil to roll up the lasagna noodles. I'm a messy cook! Also, I couldn't find "creamy" cottage cheese, but I found some "small curd" so I used that. That was the first time I had ever bought cottage cheese! I ended up having 12 "rolls".
I hope I didn't confuse anyone- I'm working in Oxford today, we had two people quit in three days and the auditors are here today. Enjoy the lasagna rolls! Let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment