Friday we had several people out at work so I was sent to work at our other Corinth branch. It was nice visiting with the other employees and customers that I don't normally see. It was also tiring- I'm not used to standing for 8 straight hours anymore. I have been spoiled; although some people would complain about sitting for 8 straight hours staring at a computer screen. After work Brad and I ate at Rib Shack (similar to Rib Cage, but not as good). After we got home our friend Levi came over. He and Brad were leaving early Saturday morning heading to Tupelo. We visited for a bit then went to bed. Everyone needed their rest! Ha!
Saturday we were up bright and early (6:00am to be exact). My mother, sister, and niece picked me up and we were off to Tupelo by 7:15. Brad and Levi weren't far behind us. My sister had a doctor's appointment- yes, on a Saturday and yes, at 8am! What a nice doctor to work Saturdays! Mother went in with her and Chloe and I rode around Tupelo. She was not a happy camper when she found out we would have to wait an hour before PetSmart opened up. We went out to the airport and got there just in time to watch Brad and Levi take off. Chloe LOVED it. She screamed and pointed until they were out of sight. I thought that would be the highlight of the day, but then we drove by the Buffalo Park on the way to the pet store and she was able to see buffalo, zebras, and horses. I thought she was going to come completely out of her car seat at this point. We finally made it back to PetSmart and were able to buy a laser that she will use to torture/play with her cats. We went back to the doctor's office and she quickly filled in her mom and mammy about the fun things she saw.
We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast- Chloe loves that place. Then we hit up a few shops. She got a new Dora book at Books-A-Million and I got a cute little shelf thing for my bathroom. They dropped me off at the mall to meet Brad and Levi (they were in the air about 2 hours sight-seeing around Pickwick). We did a little shopping in Dick's Sporting Goods then headed back to Hinkle. The guys were nice enough to go grocery shopping with me after we got home. Of course, I had just taken two Benedryl- maybe that was the reason. We cooked out Saturday night and Kenny and Jenessa came over. Amos loved having people over. He loves the attention (and food people sneak him under the table!).
Sunday was another fun filled day. Brad was supposed to fly again with Thomas, his instructor. He made it about 20 miles down the road only to find out they had to cancel because of the weather in Tupelo. He made it to church just in time. I finally got a nap in Sunday afternoon. Those are the best! Brad was sweet enough to change out two light fixtures in the house before I cooked enchiladas and he made his homemade salsa. That salsa was WAY too hot for me, but he and Levi liked it! Brad even used habanero peppers from our garden.
Levi has headed back to Louisiana and it'll be another month before we see him again. He works for a company that rebuilds beaches and areas around water. He left plenty of pictures on my laptop so I'll post some later. I've already added them to facebook, but I'll get them on here sometime today. I'm headed back to the grocery store after work. Something about two guys, one girl, one 130lb dog, and a cookout emptied my pantry and frig! I hope everyone has a great week. I'm looking forward to it... Friday is payday! :) HA!
This is Levi- posing for the camera... Ha!
This is Levi- posing for the camera... Ha!
And here is Brad and Levi. I think (and hope) this was taken before they were in the air!
No comments:
Post a Comment