Wow! Did anyone else have such a busy weekend that they actually went to work Monday to rest?
Friday was low-key. A friend of Brad's bought an airplane and had it delivered to the airport in Corinth. Larry, the friend, and Brad took it up for about an hour that evening. Afterwards, we went to Ruby Tuesday with a friend to eat. One bad thing about living in a small town is that there is only one restaurant still serving food at 9pm or after-- and that's Ruby Tuesday.
Saturday was fun too. My grandmother, mother, sister, niece, and I loaded up and went to Memphis for a little shopping trip. I spent more money on Amos than I did myself. He got new treats and a cute treat jar plus a new 50lb bag of dog food, a bed, and a new toy! I ended up with a black pair of pants, a top, and a dress. We were in Memphis a lot longer than we had planned but we had a great time. I ended up losing my sunglasses, but it's ok- I only buy cheap ones because I'm terrible about losing them! I got back home just in time for Pug, his son, Tyler, his daughter, Haley, and Brad to get home. Pug took the kids swimming and Brad had been in Tupelo flying. We decided against going to the Tuff Truck :( but we grilled out instead. There's nothing like Brad's famous grilled burgers, rotel, baked beans, chicken wings, and boudain to keep people happy! Ok, I do NOT eat boudain- I only buy it. I don't even touch the stuff when it's not in it's original packaging. Saturday was the first time I got to hang out with Haley- that girl is a hoot!
Sunday was family day at my mom's church. All the cute little kids from VBS were there to do their presentation. Afterwards we ate then the kids got to jump on a bouncy thing and eat snow cones. We left from there and went to a baby shower for one of our cousin's. Kelly's little boy, Zachary, was born prematurely so we didn't get to have her a baby shower before he arrived. I missed out on the 2nd baby shower I was invited to for the day, but we went over to the couple's house last night so I could give our gift and check out all of her little baby goodies.
I will spend this afternoon and tonight cleaning up from the guests, the cookout, and my usual weekend cleaning. I hate cleaning, but I'm so glad that our AR friends got to visit!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment