Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Five

Friday Five for this week has me thinking what I want to share. Food is on my brain at the moment- imagine that? I'm always thinking about food. And since we are on the subject (excuse me for using "and" to start a sentence) the annual Slugburger Festival is this weekend. (This was the only info I could find!) Can't wait! We always go on Saturday night with Kenny & Jenessa. It's a tradition we have had since Brad and I started dating. This year we've moved it to tonight (Friday). Brad and I have plans tomorrow- more on that later. Normally we all get slugburgers and sit on the courthouse steps to eat and watch people. The slug fest brings out a variety of people-- some good, others bad. After that Brad and Jenessa ride a few of the rides and Kenny and I walk around. Yes, you read that right- Brad and Jenessa and me and Kenny. See, Kenny and I aren't "ride riding people" but Brad and Jenessa love too-- it all works out well if you ask me.



On to why we had to reschedule-- tomorrow night Brad and I will be meeting our Sunday school class at a family restaurant. We have been trying to get together since Christmas- yes, I know it's July. Afterwards, we plan on going bowling. I'm still processing this. I am terrible at bowling and I'd rather not make a fool out of myself in front of everyone, but I think it might be fun. Although, one girl won't be able to bowl-- she's expecting twin girls in six weeks!! I might keep her company on the bench :)

Sunday should be interesting. Brad and a fellow pilot, Charles, are flying out of Tupelo some time around 8am going to McCrory, AR then flying from there to Tunica, MS, then back to Tupelo. Both guys have their private pilot and they are building their hours for their commercial. Brad has about 70 hours right now and needs 250 to get his commercial. After they get back, Brad then has an appointment with his instructor, Thomas. Brad will be working his instrument rating that afternoon. He basically has to be able to take off and land the plane without seeing outside- only using his instruments. He has these "cool" shades he gets to wear, except his are black.

I plan on doing the regular wife thing this weekend- shopping, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc...

I almost forgot!!

Friday Five- Five Things That Have Happened This Week

1. Tuesday night was our monthly Bunco session. We met at Ashley's house this time... I love her house and she has the cutest little girl, Hallie. I also won "Most Buncos"! Go me!

2. I had to take Amos to the vet's office Wednesday. He has a serious ear infection in his left ear. He has been making weird noises this week- noises I've never heard him make. Noises I would imagine sounds similar to what dinosaurs used to sound like.

3. I bought a CD this week. Quite possibly the first one I've bought in over a year. It's Beyonce- her Sasha Fierce CD. I bought it with the gift card I got for winning at Bunco the other night.

4. I just had my first vanilla Coke from Sonic -- Not quite sure what to think. Either they somehow messed it up or I don't like it. It doesn't taste like vanilla or coke.

5. Hopefully, Brad and I will finish our guest bedroom this weekend. We need to trim out the window, hang the rods, valances, pictures and finish the bedside table. I am so excited about this.
If you've made it this far, I applaud you. I hope you have a great weekend!!

I hope you have a great weekend!!

No comments: