Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Five

I am so happy today is Friday. Thrilled, actually.

1. Brad and I have had a busy week this week. His parents left for vacation on Tuesday so we have been taking care of their Pug, Yoda, their Yorkie, Obie, their three labs, Rip, Sage, and Case, and their horse, Deuce. Every morning, lunch, and after work we go and play with the inside dogs and feed them and let them get some exercise. Then we take care of the outside dogs and Brad handles the horse. It's not a problem since we are over there every day taking Amos- remember, he stays there for doggie daycare?

Brad's parents will be back on Sunday from their vacation to Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley. I'm so jealous! I bet it's gorgeous there-- especially this fall when the leaves have changed! :)

2. Amos is at the Vet's today. I dropped him off at 7:30 this morning. He is having a little procedure and having his hips x-rayed. Hip problems are an issue with larger dogs like Amos and we thought it would be a great idea for them to xray him now since he will be knocked out now for the surgery. Let's hope he has some great, strong hips! I am supposed to call after 1:00 to check on him and then I can pick him up after work today. I'm sure he'll be super excited to see me after I left him there with those "mean" people that knocked him out and cut him open, not to mention they took his "manhood away" (as the vet so gently put it).

3. Fingers crossed, I should be going on a date tonight with my hubby! We're going to eat at a Chinese restaurant (YUCK) then going to watch a "chick flick". Ha! It's all about compromise. The good news is that the restaurant has great chicken and corn nuggets- not to mention an ice cream bar.

4. I don't have any definite plans this weekend (so far) but I know I'll be doctoring a sick dog. Maybe I should invite Chloe over; she loves to "doctor" on people with items from her doctor's bag. Brad and I might spend some time on the house this weekend. We have a little work to do on the guest room and a few light fixtures that need to be changed. He also wants to fly this weekend and if he goes Saturday then I will be going with him and making him take me to HOBBY LOBBY! They have set out their fall things AND their Christmas things!

5. Today is Sonic day. They're having a burger and shake special (but I don't want to ruin date night), but I'm thinking a cherry limeade and grilled cheese instead.

Have a great weekend! And take a nap this weekend. I heart naps!

No comments: