The first words out of Brad's mouth this morning were "I thought it was Friday". Ha! I hated to break it to him, but it is Wednesday. He has three full days of work ahead of him. He HATES hot weather; mainly because he works about 12 hours a day and most of that time is spent in someone's attic where it is hotter than blazes. I can't imagine. I'm totally opposite- I spend my days sitting in FREEZING cold air. No, not cool air, but FREEZING cold air. My boss likes to keep the thermostat on or around 67 degrees. I pretty much wear long sleeves year round plus I keep sweaters and jackets in my office. Yeah, he hates to hear me complain so I try not to!
Amos is moving right along on his recovery journey. I had to make a stop by the vet's office Monday to pick up a numbing spray. He is still very tender so I numb him up then I doctor him. Let's face it, the dog pretty much weighs what I weigh and I'm not about to make him angry! Don't worry, he has never growled, barked, or snapped at me and I'm 99.9% certain he never would. He has slung his head around so fast to check things out that it has scared me though. I'll take him back next week to have the 40+ staples removed and hopefully get more meds for these sores that keep popping up on him. I don't have a clue what they are, but the doctor thought the antibiotics that Amos is taking 4 times a day would clear them up and they haven't yet. Poor Amos, he is the sickliest dog I know. Is that even a word?
One good note about today being Wednesday is that tomorrow is Thursday and I'll be spending my morning in Tupelo at the furniture market! It doesn't officially start until Friday, but tomorrow is the preview day. Cross your fingers that I'll be able to find something I absolutely love for a price that I absolutely love.
Also, I have great news!!! Brad and I just made reservations for our FIRST vacation!! Yep, excluding our honeymoon, this will be our first vacation together. Can you believe it? We've been together more than 6 years and this will be our first. I'm super excited and I know Brad is to. That boy hasn't been on vacation in probably 5 years (minus the honeymoon). He used to spend a week every summer in Florida with his guy friends, but that has been years ago. He hasn't been to Maggie Valley, NC in ten years so that's where we will be going. I have never been so I'm curious to see the place he spent year after year going to. I hope to ride a train that takes you through the mountains and check out the Biltmore Estate and Brad wants to rent a plane and fly over the mountains. We'll be there in October so it should be gorgeous with all of the reds, oranges, golds, and browns!
I think that puts you up to speed with our life right now. Ha! I'll post pictures soon of Amos. I haven't uploaded them yet. Hopefully I'll have pictures of new furniture this weekend!!!
My car has been acting up the past week or so; I wanted to take it to get checked out before I drove it to Tupelo tomorrow. Brad was going to meet me at Gateway at 12. I was running late so I drove a little fast to get there and he wasn't there. Then I waited and waited and waited. He finally showed up, and do you know why he was late? He went to pick up lunch for us. Wasn't that sweet? Maybe you had to be there... but I thought it was sweet!
1 comment:
I love reading your blog! Keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment