Monday, August 17, 2009

What day is it?

Whew! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good and busy as usual. Friday afternoon started out a little shaky. I picked Amos up after work and we headed home. We pulled in the driveway and I opened the back door for Amos to crawl out. He didn't move. I walked around to get my purse out and I noticed him in the backseat shaking. I ran around to his side and (*warning, gross...*) bright yellow vomit started flying out of his mouth. In.my.car. He jumped out and continued getting sick in the driveway. Then he moved to the yard. After that he was much, much better and I took him in the house. He hasn't gotten sick since then so who knows? I did google "yellow dog vomit" and discovered that it probably isn't anything to worry about. On a funny note, you wouldn't believe the things I have googled since we have had him!! Some are nasty and other are hilarious! I take him Wednesday to have his 40+ staples removed. :(

After that commotion and Brad working late we took it easy Friday night. Brad made homemade fried pickles for the first time and they were de-lish-ous. We also had pizza and a salad. I like going out to eat on the weekends, but it was nice just taking it easy after working all week. Afterwards, Brad sat down in the recliner (at 7:30-7:45pm) and didn't move until 4:30 Saturday morning.

Saturday is a blur to me! Brad was up at 430 and I was up at 5. (Who wakes up that early on a Saturday??) Brad headed off to work and I got ready to go to Tupelo. After that dreaded fiasco at the furniture market Thursday, mother thought I needed to go back and try again. We walked all six buildings again and looked over everything. We met up with Mama Lynn, Courtney, Chloe, and John Aaron. We did a little more shopping (Kirkland's, Hobby Lobby, Toys R' US) and finished things off with happy meals at McDonald's. They dropped me off at my house around 3 that afternoon. Brad got home sometime around 4 and we left going back to Tupelo.

He flew with his instructor to Hamilton, AL IFR and I did MORE shopping. I went back to Kirkland's and Hobby Lobby. It's hard to shop with a crowd plus I skipped a few things the first time I was there. I ended up getting a small frame with "T" in it. I'll show it later- when I finally post recent pictures! Brad landed between 8-8:30 and we went to Chili's. The line was too long for us so we ended up at Logan's. Food wasn't good, but it was nice getting out of our normal weekend routine.

Sunday was close to relaxing! We went to church (I kept children's church with a friend) then we ran a few errands at Wal-Mart, TSC, and my aunt's house. Finally got home and I started cleaning. Apparently the cleaning fairy skipped my house again this week. After that I went back to town for groceries. Kenny and Jenessa came over and I finally sat down around 8pm. Oh, did it feel good?? Amos was super happy he had friends over. He loves when people come over!

We're back at work today. Brad's feeling sickly so I hope he doesn't have to work over today! I'm headed to a friend's house. Nikita just had twin girls last week! Forgot my stinking camera though! :(


No comments: