Friday Five
1. My car is leaking anti-freeze/engine coolant. I need to take it to a repairman next week.
2. After an oil change, I found out that my car needs the radiator flushed. I need to take care of that next week too.
3. After working over time yesterday I discovered a flat tire. My tire shop closes at 530 and Brad's closes at 6 so we had to take it to Wal-Mart. They wouldn't fix it; something about company policy and where the nail was located. We took it this morning.
4. At this point I'm going to need 1 or 2 new tires and an alignment.
5. I took off half a day yesterday to go furniture shopping. I walked over 6 buildings at the market and finally set my eyes on the set. It was almost double what I wanted to spend, but after careful consideration I decided to buy it. I left my aunt with a blank check and headed to work. She called and said the salesman failed to mention a shipping fee. That was going to cost approximately 10-13% of the total of the bedroom set. I told her to tell them to forget it and leave. Apparently it was a sign that I didn't really need the furniture since a few short hours later I discovered that Prixie is sick and will need to be repaired.
It's only 10:30 so maybe by lunchtime or shortly after I'll be in a glass-half-full mood, but I'm just not sure. I have a ton of errands I'd like to take care of on my lunch break, but I don't have a car.
On a positive note, I'm very thankful for my car and the fact that she's paid for and the fact that she was my first car to ever buy and fully pay for. I'm very thankful because my car insurance is super cheap and Prixie gets great gas mileage. On a different positive note, I'm thankful that I can go shopping for furniture and I'm thankful for my job when so many people are jobless. I'm very thankful for my lenient boss letting me take half a day off to go furniture shopping and I'm thankful that this job is the reason I have money to go shopping.
*Added after lunch*
Ok, so, at lunch Brad picks me up to go get my car and it's not ready so we stop and get a few slugburgers and go to check on Amos. Fast forward an hour and I'm back at work and Brad calls. He asked if I wanted the good news or the bad news first. I take the good-- my tire is now fixed and no longer leaking. Then the bad; I need FOUR new tires and an alignment. I sure hope my weekend is better. :)
1 comment:
sorry to hear about all your trouble with Prixie. :( My car is paid for too and I am dreading the day we have to get under another car note. Didn't you say you were going to come look at furniture up my way sometime? I would be more than happy to meet you if you ever decide to...I love furniture "browsing"....just can't afford to actually BUY any lately! :)
Post a Comment