Friday I went to my mother-in-law's, picked up the caramel cake (YUM) and my balding dog, Amos and headed to my parents'. Chloe loves balloons so there was about 20 blown up and tied to every kitchen cabinet knob. We had some party sandwiches and cheese dip along with our caramel cake. Then mom and dad opened gifts and read their cards. After that was over we headed outside. The weather was nice (finally cooled off a bit). I got to meet my dad's two donkeys, Donkey, and Ginny. Amos did NOT like the donkeys. Either that or he was just really interested in getting close to them or he thought it was funny to lunge at them and make them take off running and jumping... it was a sight. I left there and headed home. Brad and Levi were having a "guy's night" together, probably reminiscing about old times or something. When you get those two together, Brad loses about ten years of maturity. It's funny to watch this other Brad appear.
Saturday was a full day. I took Amos to meet my grandparents. My dad's parents haven't ever seen him and I finally had the chance to take him to meet them. My grandfather has a little Poodle named Bear that doesn't care for Amos. He would growl and bark and Amos would just lay there wondering about that noise. Later that afternoon, my mother and grandmother met me at the airport. Brad drove down to Tupelo to rent the airplane and flew into Roscoe Turner and picked them up. As you can tell from the pictures I posted, they had a great time. As soon as they landed, they asked when they could go up again. Ha! Brad flew the plane back to Tupelo and got home around 9:45pm. He had a very long afternoon!
Sunday was church, then grocery shopping, then finishing up on cleaning, the guys shooting skeet and a church singing. After I got home from the singing we grilled out for Levi and the Wilhites. I LOVE Brad's grilled burgers. I also tried a new artichoke dip recipe that seemed to be a hit.
Needless to say, I didn't accomplish anything dealing with the guest room or the master. That only leaves tonight and tomorrow night. Levi has already asked Brad to help him this afternoon so I'm hoping Levi helps us tomorrow afternoon!
Enjoy the pictures I posted below!!
No comments:
Post a Comment