Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Still Here

Let's play catch-up... shall we?

Friday night ended up being nice. Brad worked outside until 9pm and we just chilled at the house. I vote to do this every Friday night.

Saturday was good too. Brad's grandparents came over early Saturday monring so his grandfather could help him work on the tractor and his grandmother got to visit with Amos. We kept them entertained for a while until Amos got tired. We've discovered a new toy (doesn't last long, but it's cheap and fun!). It started out as an accident right after the 4th holiday. Amos got his big paws on a beach ball at my in-laws house. I wasn't there, but Brad said it was the funniest thing-- until Amos attacked it and killed it flat. I couldn't miss that so I bought him one of those large balls that Target and Wal-Mart sell. Brad let him play with it while I was gone one day and again, he attacked it and killed it flat. SO, I bought him another one (good thing these are $2.50) and finally on Saturday I got to watch him play with it. Guess what? He didn't kill it. Go figure.
Back to my original train of thought... Amos played with his new toy in front of the grandparents' and they loved it. After they left Brad loaded the tractor and took it back and I started cleaning house. I'm rather proud of myself (cleaned behind and under the beds, windowsills, etc...). I finally finished my photo album that I hadn't worked on since September of last year. Sad. It was rainy that afternoon so we took a short nap before deciding to go on a "date". Do you still "date" when you are married? We were running late so we stopped by Pizza Inn (ok, but could have been much better) then we were off to the movies. The movie was ok, but I'm very proud of the fact that Brad stayed awake. He almost always crashes in the theater.

Sunday was busy for me. After church we went grocery shopping then came home and unloaded. I turned back around and went back to town to do some shopping with my mom. Ended up with a new pair of shoes. Got home and turned back around and went back to town to Lowe's in Brad's truck (need to go into detail on this, but I'll spare you for now) to get some lumber for the window. Ok, "go back to town" means I drive the 15 or so miles to town the another 15 or so miles back home. So yes, it did take a while. Brad ended up flying around Tupelo with Charles, a much younger pilot and didn't make it back home until 10pm that night.

Monday was pretty relaxed. I made meatloaf, cooked some mac-n-cheese and some yam patties with butter and brown sugar. Completely healthy, right? Then I caught up on Design Star and Jon & Kate + 8. Brad worked until 5:30, then worked at a friend's house until 7:30 (the wife of the friend just had a baby boy so they needed their air to be working!). He got home, hopped on the lawn mower and stayed on it until 9pm when he came in to eat. Then he checked his cell and had a voicemail from another friend with a baby that had their air go out. Fortunately, theirs could wait until today. SO, Brad will have another late night tonight.

Bunco was scheduled for tonight, but has been postponed until next week. I'm looking forward to Big Brother tonight. I'm SO ready for Ronnie to go home Thursday!

Gosh! I had something else to add, but I just lost it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad RONNIE is finally gone! :) haha