Monday, August 10, 2009

Amos' Recovery

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was great (and sad and painful and busy and crazy and fun).

I literally ran out of the bank at 5pm Friday to pick Amos up from the vet. The ladies bragged on him being such a sweetheart. I found out he was too big to put into a surgical crate so the sweet ladies made him a pallet in the floor of the x-ray room with spare blankets and towels. They told me he had his own "suite" and that one or two girls even laid in the floor with him at times. He LOVES getting attention! The had a young guy (maybe 15 or 16) bring him out and Amos was dragging him around the corner. He pretty much ran to me with this "SAVE ME" face and then started peeing and peeing and more peeing and I was apologizing the whole time. Then he peed some more and more and more then he finally he stopped. Brad met me there to help load him in the car. On the drive home Amos tried standing up in my backseat. I was afraid he was going to pee more so I started driving really fast! We got him home and Brad had to help get him out of the car (keep in mind that Amos weighs about what I weigh and I am NO help at all when it comes to moving him). He walked around the yard (peeing while he walked) and finally came inside. Bless him. They filled him full of fluids for his surgery. We doctored him for a bit then went to eat with the Readers. Brad got to eat Chinese, but we skipped the movie. I wanted to go home and see Amos.

Saturday was spent babying Amos and working around the house. He was up and moving more Saturday and was eating and eating and eating (he hadn't eaten since Thursday evening)! We made progress on the second bedroom and I got most of the house nice and clean. Brad and I continued our "date" Saturday. We drove up to Counce, TN to eat at The Broken Spoke. It was our first time there and it was pretty nice. It reminded me of something you might see in Oxford. It had chipped painted concrete floors, antiques everywhere and white cloth tablecloths and black cloth napkins. Not to mention the food was expensive, but they have the.best.fried.pickles.ever. We might just have to make a trip back there to eat the pickles. Afterwards we wen to the Readers to watch the fight! BJ Penn won (woohoo!). We come home to find a mess. Poor Amos had knocked over his food and water bowls on his bed. The water had soaked the food and turned it into mush. Brad had the pleasure of cleaning that up.
This is a picture of Amos' food and water bowl... It is 18 inches tall and 28 inches wide.
Sunday was spent with more around-the-house projects and more petting Amos. He is loving the attention! We (Brad) finished trimming out the window and installed the blinds and curtains in that room plus changed out two light fixtures! Brad flew yesterday afternoon with his instructor. They ended up flying from Tupelo to Oxford and back to avoid the storms to the East of Tupelo. I ended the weekend by watching Big Brother and Design Star. I wasn't thrilled when Chima won HOH, BUT I'm glad Jeff won the coup d'Etat! As far as DS goes, I think it was about time to send Tashica home!

Now it's back to Manic Monday and work. Amos is at my in-laws house and I plan on going to the vet's to pick up medicine then checking on him during my lunch break. I've also got to go grocery shopping after work! Blah! It's either that or drink water and eat Ritz all week. Although, I think my figure would appreciate that!

No comments: