Thursday, July 30, 2009

Amos Moses

Since I don't have any children (and don't want any for a few more years) I thought I would fill you in on my "fur child".
Here are some facts about Amos Moses:

Born: June 13, 2008
Adopted: September 4, 2008 from a terrible puppy mill breeder in Booneville, Arkansas
Also known as: Aims, Famous Amos, Bud, A-mooster, Amus- he also thinks his name is “Amos, NO”
Favorite treats: his kong, washcloths, ice cubes, peanut butter, meaty bones, zippers, etc…
Best Tricks: He does the basic sit-stay-down routines; that’s about it! Things also happen to come up with holes in them after he’s been around- is that a trick?
Favorite Dog Friends: None anymore- he has now outgrown my family’s Chihuahua, my in-laws’ Yorkie, Pug, and three labs, a friend’s Maltese, and another friend’s Shih Tzu. We don’t have any friends with large dogs! He does enjoy playing with the Pug, but it gets a little dangerous since Amos outweighs him by around 115 pounds.
Least Favorite Human Behaviors/noises: the vacuum, anyone knocking on the door, the broom/sweeping
Favorite
places to nap: anywhere. He prefers underneath our kitchen table (we have to move all the chairs or he will knock them over); in the middle of the living room floor or on the loveseat with me.
Illnesses he has overcome: everything. He’s had everything imaginable- after we first got him, I took him to the vet 1-2 times a week for about three months. Seriously. Super expensive pup.

Amos is also hyper-attentive to the opening of the pantry door or any Tostitos bag, Nilla Wafers bag, or Wheat Thins bag. He will come galloping at us when we pull any of those out of the cabinet. Also, when I’m standing at the kitchen counter he will come sit right next to me- hoping to get a taste-test of whatever I have.

Amos napping underneath the kitchen table...

Snoozing on the loveseat. He knows not to get off his blankie. See that tiny spot left over? That's where I sit (uncomfortably) with a 130lb dog in my lap.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

NOTE:
Amos was NOT born in 3008, ha!


Oh and I love your little tiny spot :)

Cassie said...

Oops! and to think I read over it twice before I posted it...

Unknown said...

he's so lovable